PDA

View Full Version : Reversing mirror tilt

Bennybrus
04-09-2013, 06:31 PM
Hi Everyone,

Im still fairly new, so sorry in advance if i'm not posting in the correct place.

I have a 2012 TDI Comfortline Jetta, and the owners manual states that there is in fact a function for the passengers side mirror to tilt when parallel parking. The MFD also has it listed under 'convenience'. No matter what I do I cant get the damn thing to work and my dealer said that the car does have the function but now i'm starting to believe that it does have the function at all.

I know this question has been asked many times in many different ways, but I haven't been able to find anything specific to my car.

Any help/info would be appreciated :)

ope126
04-09-2013, 06:43 PM
I too have it in the MFD, but it does not work...Dealer can't get it to work either...

shimee
04-09-2013, 07:48 PM
I might be way out line offering advice here given I drive a scirocco but it caused a lot of ppl with the roc confusion at first. It has to enabled in mfd but then, if you have a mirror adjustment dial eg on your drivers side door, you need to ensure its set to the left mirror. When you hit Reverse it will tilt.

Sorry if this is not valid advice.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

vdubmotorworx
04-09-2013, 09:05 PM
its been confusing since they started left mirror dip....all manuals state its on the car because the manual is for all models and all parts of the world...at first on golf 5 they said it needed leather seats to have the dipping mirror pack...then we found some with out leather that dipped! then the new white MFD came out with the function to turn dipping on and off but still found even if the MFD was ticked that some didnt have the function......start by ticking yes on the MFD.. put your mirror switch in the LEFT position and then select reverse..with the car in reverse adjust the mirror downwards to where you would like it to auto drop to...then put in D and drive off..at above 15kph the mirror should return to normal driving position...select reverse again and it will auto drop now to the position you set it too! THE MIRROR CONTROL MUST STAY IN THE LEFT POSITION ALL THE TIME...if after this it still does not work your car does not have the function...but Im sure there must be a VCDS code to activate it somewhere...VDUB..

neiliss
09-09-2013, 05:27 PM
I am going to do some checking on this one as I am certain mine was working and now it isn't which I suspect is the mirror being in the middle function now and not the left. Will report back ASAP.

Ciao
N

Hillbilly
09-09-2013, 05:36 PM
My Passat has it and it tells you how to set it in the manual You only get it however if you have the fancy 12 way seats.

JettaPom
14-09-2013, 05:07 PM
Our MY13 Jetta Comfortline does it, but only when the door mirror control toggle is in the LH position. Having said that it doesn't always dip the same amount...:-/

vdubmotorworx
14-09-2013, 06:31 PM
Yeh my jetta has a sticky left hand mirror so never returns to same spot!

neiliss
15-09-2013, 10:12 PM
Tested mine, needs to have the mirror control in the left position as vdubmotorworx has mentioned. Glad I found this info as I had wondered recently why mine wasnt working and it was because I had changed the control to the centre which is where I would expect it to be.

Ciao
N

Bennybrus
16-09-2013, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the info everyone.

For those of you who said that your cars do have the setting, do you have the electronic leather/fabric (i'm unsure if fabric comes with an electronic option) seats or just the regular manual adjust seats? Many people insist that you must have the electronic ones.

Thanks again :)

Hillbilly
16-09-2013, 02:59 PM
As in my sig I have nearly all the options and in the brochure it states the tilting mirror only comes as part of the package with the 12 way seats.

So I have it but quite frankly never use it

All seats in a Passat are leather. Just the quality differs

Ryan_R
16-09-2013, 06:10 PM
A few of us Golf (and Tiguan) owners have added this feature by purchasing and installing a Polar FIS device. Can't remember off it works with Jetta (think it does), just do a Google search to find the website.

Sent from mobile device

tigger73
16-09-2013, 06:30 PM
Yes Auto-Polar can be fitted into a Jetta to give mirror dipping and a whole lot of other "must have" features :)

neiliss
16-09-2013, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the info everyone.

For those of you who said that your cars do have the setting, do you have the electronic leather/fabric (i'm unsure if fabric comes with an electronic option) seats or just the regular manual adjust seats? Many people insist that you must have the electronic ones.

Thanks again :)

Mine has the leather electronic seats.

Cheers
N