PDA

View Full Version : Our new Rallye Green Fabia

Bradpalace
01-09-2013, 09:28 PM
I've seen a bit chat here and there about how people like the Rallye Green, but I haven't seen many. So I thought I'd order one, wait 5 months, and then pick one up. Ironically, as I was paying for it last week, I had to walk past and Audi A1 with, you guessed it, Rallye Green paint. I like my white roof, rather than the A1's black. See what you think.

Difinity
01-09-2013, 10:56 PM
Pretty l'ill car!

Difinity

BrashDaniels
02-09-2013, 10:14 AM
so is it a 77tsi or one of the 66s? options?
I've always bought dealer stock. Do you pay top dollar when you order or do you still get to haggle?

Nice car either way

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 4

Lucas_R
02-09-2013, 10:57 AM
I've always bought dealer stock. Do you pay top dollar when you order or do you still get to haggle?

Nice car either way

I haggled down about $6k on my factory ordered Golf R - everything's negotiable. Waited about 4-5 months for it to be built and sent here.

To the OP - nice ride.

Bradpalace
02-09-2013, 01:16 PM

It's a 77TSi. Since I knew exactly what I wanted, and knew that it would take a while to make it I didn't have that urgency of the last car on the lot nor the luxury of many other cars on the lot. I took the list price for the car and options I wanted, and subtracted the magical percentage, then went to various dealers. My haggling skills are hopeless, so my tactic was simply to have a price and not waver. Not until at least 3 dealers had all said no to the same price. One dealer took half an hour to say no, then the next one said yes. Sam at Richmond kept coming back asking "Are you going to buy today? You're not going to go elsewhere and play us off each other?". Since I was simply a walk in, I think he was surprised that I was good to go, never having met me before. It took 20 minutes for him to say yes. Maybe you have room to haggle if they are keen to move a car on the lot. Conversely, they might have room to haggle if they are going to get a definite sale from a buyer prepared to wait. Maybe the difference is what date the sale counts towards. We ordered just before the end of the March quarter, so if there were targets to hit, they might have been keen to deal.

Rubbadub
02-09-2013, 07:35 PM
Got any plans for it? Alloys?

mmmRacer
02-09-2013, 09:16 PM
Some white Oz Racing wheels would look nice.:cool46: Congrats on the new purchase. I'm seeing a lot more Fabia's on the roads now. Since an all black Monte Carlo parked around the corner from work today.

Tigger
03-09-2013, 06:54 PM
As everyone here knows...I am a sucker for the Rallye Green! I simply love that colour! (I have posted a few threads with pics of Fabias and Octavias in Rallye green on Auskoda.com) Did you say you saw an Audi in that colour?? I thought it was a specific Skoda choice...In Europe the amount of Rallye green Skodas on the roads is amazing!...

Bradpalace
04-09-2013, 10:49 PM
Hi Tigger. I am hugely confident it was the same green on the A1. The only thing different was the black roof. I was at Skoda Richmond and had been looking at mine for 15 minutes and then walked from the Skoda showroom through the Audi showroom to hand over the cheque when I walked right past it and was surprised to see another car in my colour. I said to/ asked one of the staff there "Is this the A1?" and got a yes. I wasn't so surprised to see an Audi in that colour. I've also just looked at Audi's website and there isn't a green in sight, let alone Rallye Green. Curious. (I've just investigated further, and if you get the A1 Sportsback, there is an exclusive Audi colour choice called "Individual - Audi exclusive", but it's simply another grey, what we would call BORING.) I wonder if the buyer of the special Audi with their special colour was pleased or slight miffed to see Skoda in the same colour? Which looked better with the white roof anyway.

Bradpalace
04-09-2013, 10:56 PM
Hi Dub. I'm going to make a statement here that will have you all shaking your heads. Mods planned = Nil. I can say it has very quickly become the car of choice at our house, over the retained Mazda 6. The Fabia is so easy to get in and out of. I'm 192cm ish with my length in my torso and it is a breeze. So much better than I remember when I did the test driving last Christmas. It's nice and zippy too. I just have to be careful with gear changes in the DSG. If you're in 2nd in the Fabia, you have to push away to get to 3rd. In the Mazda, it's the opposite. Think I'll just leave the Mazda in D and so not confuse myself.

Rubbadub
04-09-2013, 11:42 PM
No, I understand the no mods thing, especially if it's an A-B car.

I also get you on the DSG tiptronic. I used to have an automatic Ford Focus, and it seemed more natural to pull the lever towards you for manual upshifts in sport mode. If I use the shifter in the Fabia (rather than the paddles, which make better sense), I have to keep telling myself that slowing the car equals pulling back on the lever - seems to be the only way for me to "get" it the way VW/Skoda have set their system up.

Anyway, let's see some more pics. :)

Bradpalace
05-09-2013, 03:28 PM
Hi again Tig. I just chatted with Sam at Skoda Richmond, (returning courtesy call) and he said the car I saw was a Rallye Green Audi A1 Sportback with the black roof. He said it's a stock ordered car, so no special custom job for a special client.

Rubbadub
05-09-2013, 09:17 PM
I wonder if this is the same colour with a different name.

The AUDI side of my life: Audi exclusive exterior colour Java Green Metallic (http://audi-oooo.blogspot.com.au/2013/02/audi-exclusive-exterior-colour-java.html)

Rooboy
05-09-2013, 11:30 PM
I wonder if this is the same colour with a different name.

I think it is. I found it on the Audi UK configurator under the exclusive paint options as javagrun metallic. It looks too similar to be anything but Audi's version of rallye green.
mettal

Bradpalace
06-09-2013, 07:20 AM
HI Rub and Roo. Well done you detectives. That's what I saw. Great colour. Wife is getting lots of positives comments about it from her colleagues. "It's very you". Must be the green car and the red hair working together.

BrashDaniels
06-09-2013, 07:35 AM
awesome combination...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 4

Rooboy
06-09-2013, 09:49 PM
Sorry to hijack the thread...but is this the car you'll be following at Bathurst Tig?