PDA

View Full Version : Tiguan Indirect TPMS

mythik
25-08-2013, 08:03 PM
G'day folks,

Was wondering if anyone has cracked this? The module used in the Tiguan isn't the same as the Golf so it isn't straight forward seemingly to enable. The suggestion from Ross-tech's software is to change the coding on the ABS module +0002048, however, the resultant number is "out of range" for the module and results in a fail.

Trying to enable it on a MY 12 Tiguan Manual (poverty pack)

Any assistance most appreciated. :)

Bambazonke
16-03-2014, 04:28 PM
i have done extensive research on this and can confirm the coding for activating this function is by adding 4096 to your existing coding. Dana from Ross Tech removed this value from the ABS module code value in her own personal car and the function dissappeared from the MFD. VW have been smart about it and it appears you need to recode or reflash the ABS module using the SVM method much like what you would do to upgrade the BIOS on your computer to add this function to your Tig. To my knowledge the only software that does it is VW's own VAS system but happy to be prooved wrong.

BTW +2048 indicates the vehicle is a RHD model.

benough
17-03-2014, 10:23 AM
Have you installed the TPMS switch into the ABS loom Mythik?

Bambazonke
25-03-2014, 12:12 PM
Have you installed the TPMS switch into the ABS loom Mythik?

No physical switch anymore with the face lifted Tiguans. New ABS module TPMS reset now done via the MFD and is documented in the owner's manual

brad
25-03-2014, 12:20 PM
When you go into the ABS controller module with VCDS does a pale yellow box pop-up with various vehicle specs on the right & numbers down the LHS?

If you could post a screen shot of that?

benough
25-03-2014, 12:21 PM
No physical switch anymore with the face lifted Tiguans. New ABS module TPMS reset now done via the MFD and is documented in the owner's manual

Nice.

Well I'm out of my depth now then :-)