PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Touareg V6 TDI software update

Transporter
25-08-2013, 05:25 PM
...using Autologic diagnostic equipment.
The Autologic can also restore the control modules software and install the performance tunes.

FJ Steve
31-08-2013, 08:26 AM
Can you please provide more details re this update?

Any known improvements? I have a chip installed...will that make any/the update difficult/impossible/easy?

What is the cost of the update? How much time do you require to install the update? Any other info you think might be beneficial, please?

Cheers

Transporter
31-08-2013, 02:02 PM
There is noticeably less turbo lag, don't know about the fuel economy yet. The car is my daughter's and while she went on holiday for a months, I've used the opportunity and gave it a 80,000km service, remove the dreadful BT unit that the car came with in 2008 and put in the latest BT with the wiring and installed the RNS510.

Now back to the VW sw updates; when you have the tuned ECU, there would be no sw update for it, but the rest of the control units aren't affected and will update, when there's update available. You could revert it to the stock, do the sw update and then put the performance tune back in. I know that the Autologic doesn't allow you to install the Autologic Performance tune in, when there is a sw update for that ECU. But, I did the Viezu performance tune in a customer's Touareg a while ago where there was the sw update for his ECU (he didn't want the update) and after installing the Viezu tune, the ECU no longer displayed "Software Update Available" message.
The total time for the engine sw update is approx. 2hours.
The most common sw updates in the 2007-2008 Touaregs are; Engine, transmission, 4 wheel drive electronics and dash panel insert. In ours there was only the dash panel insert and the engine ECU.

I will let you know of any other improvements incl. the fuel economy.

idaho
31-08-2013, 03:36 PM
So does that mean the Autologic device connects to VW Germany like a VAS machine?

FJ Steve
31-08-2013, 04:04 PM
Thanks Transporter. My chip is a DPChip, so there has been no change/editing/modifying of the ECU. The ECU is OEM.

Transporter
01-09-2013, 02:03 PM
So does that mean the Autologic device connects to VW Germany like a VAS machine?

No, it does not.

Thanks Transporter. My chip is a DPChip, so there has been no change/editing/modifying of the ECU. The ECU is OEM.

Then, it's all good if there's an upgrade you should be able to get it. :)