PDA

View Full Version : good year assurance triplemax tyres

netpenthe
23-08-2013, 11:23 AM
anyone had any experience with these?

beaurepaires have them at $245 a corner

the Dunlop SportMaxxx that came with the car seemed noisier than i liked (they lasted 43,000kms)

brad
23-08-2013, 02:33 PM
Never used them but the tread pattern looks like a Mud & Snow with so many sipes in it.

It's a very American look & is probably designed for comfort & quiet ride over handling.

$245 for what size?

Were you dissapointed in 43,000km?

netpenthe
23-08-2013, 03:29 PM
the sportmaxxx were noisier than i wanted

i have no idea how long tyres should last, 43,000km seemed ok but the back of the TripleMax brochures suggests they'll last 60,000km..

the sportmaxxx seemed pretty grippy, which i liked, but i don't drive fast anywhere really.

rabbitz
24-08-2013, 06:00 PM
I changed to Goodyear Assurance TripleMax from Continental PremiumContact2 after 1200K on a MY13 6R Polo. A much better safer tyre all round with better handling, tracking, balance, but no quieter than the Continental but I don't know how the Continental compare to the Dunlops on noise.

These are designed in Europe and made in Thailand so I think are for the Asian / Oceania market only. Not to be confused with the TipleTred in the USA.

I had some Goodyear Assurance Armorgrip (replaced OEM Bridgestone) on a WQ Fiesta for years and was impressed as a good general all rounder, hence I had no problem going the the Triplemax which is supposed to be the next evolution. The Armorgrip was rated very highly by Choice for what it's worth.

As far as wear goes, I only have a few Km on them but the wear rating is 320 as a guide.

From Goodyear's site, The Eagle EfficientGrip is supposed to be their quietest tyre so may suit.

2009fsi
02-09-2013, 01:09 AM
anyone had any experience with these?

beaurepaires have them at $245 a corner

the Dunlop SportMaxxx that came with the car seemed noisier than i liked (they lasted 43,000kms)

I put 225/40/18 Dunlop Sportsmaxx on my Superb when I first got it early last year. Immediately I put them on, I thought the front end was going to disintegrate every time I put the brakes on lightly. The racket was so bad loud, heads on the footpath would all turn. Beaurepaires had put 34psi in them, but after a bit of research & close looking at road contact indications, I upped that to 39psi. End of noise, end of excessive edge marking & far better braking, performance & handling, including in the wet. Exceptionally good tyre on my 4x4 V6. Delivered long life with even wear once pressures all at 39. Tyre pressure is critical with those Dunlops, because they are a harder compound than any European performance tyres. The factory Conti 2s which were OEM, were far too soft & not up to the V6. You could see them wearing down by the hour!

I have a set of Continental CS3s here to go on the car. I bought them while I was still sorting the right pressure for the Dunlops out. The CS3s are a good tyre on a 4x4 V6. (I had a set on the car briefly courtesy of a mate in the tyre business at the time, sticking on a set he'd traded from someone who wanted 20" with rubber bands.) When that International tyre mob were first spruiking I grabbed 5 for 200 each, delivered. It will cost me 25 each to have them properly fitted & balanced at my local garage when the time comes. Knowing what I do now, I probably wouldn't have bothered with the CS3s & just gone to beaurepaires for the Dunlops again.

Please note my comments are very much nade in relationship to my specific model of Superb. For the V6, I look for a tyre with as few small blocks as possible. Basically solid bands of rubber with 4 deep drainage grooves & no lateral cuts in the 3 centre bands because small blocks castle too easily.
For what its worth, if you have awd v6 too. Otherwise probably not much help.
cheers

netpenthe
11-09-2013, 12:17 PM
went the kmart optilife

guaranteed 50,000km , but you have to take em for alignment every 10k ($70)

dno if any good.. just got annoyed at local beaurepaires so went there

netpenthe
12-09-2013, 01:54 PM
went the kmart optilife

guaranteed 50,000km , but you have to take em for alignment every 10k ($70)

dno if any good.. just got annoyed at local beaurepaires so went there

after a few days, they are definitely a LOT quieter than the Dunlop Sportmaxxx (which were castling)

makes driving the car a lot nicer