PDA

View Full Version : Amarok Canyon Limited Edition confirmed

phantomcamel
22-08-2013, 06:30 PM
The Amarok Canyon Limited Edition is now confirmed for early next year! Limited stock only - pricing not as yet confirmed.

Here is a link to an older article with pictures Volkswagen 2013 Amarok Canyon - VW Australia keen on Amarok Canyon special | GoAuto (http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/DB275C01C38F70B3CA257A7E0025AED0#!prettyPhoto)

Looks like it will be available in the burned orange, black, white or silver
Any thoughts on colour preference?

Transporter
22-08-2013, 08:54 PM
The Amarok Canyon Limited Edition is now confirmed for early next year! Limited stock only - pricing not as yet confirmed.

Here is a link to an older article with pictures Volkswagen 2013 Amarok Canyon - VW Australia keen on Amarok Canyon special | GoAuto (http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/DB275C01C38F70B3CA257A7E0025AED0#!prettyPhoto)

Looks like it will be available in the burned orange, black, white or silver
Any thoughts on colour preference?

The article mentions "the choice of diesel engines", does it mean we will have V6TDI engine ? Or, do they just refer to the same 4 cylinder Golf engine slightly tweaked to give different power outputs?

Volksee77
27-08-2013, 10:43 PM
very very interested Christian. Southside VW entertaining trade ins on sub 20k my12.5 Amarok's?

phantomcamel
02-09-2013, 06:00 PM
Hi there, we sure do...come and see me with the car when you get the chance. The jury is still out if we are allowed the lights on top of the bar due to OZ regulations...

phantomcamel
02-09-2013, 06:01 PM
Nope - no changes to the engine....

Volksee77
02-09-2013, 10:58 PM
Any indication yet on a rough RRP?

So still the 132kW twin turbo 4 hey? Oh well it is a good engine and seems plenty enough for the Rok to operate at an acceptable speed (the V6 turbo would be great though). The lights etc should be ok i would have thought as heaps of cars are getting around with the roll bar mounted spots without attracting any unwarranted attention so hopefully the get through the process. Will all those parts, seats, rollbar etc be std or will they all be optional extras and what colours have been indicated as being available for order at this stage?

My Trendline Rok will be in in November (approx) for it's 15k service (has already had two at 5k each) and has an RCD 510 installed.

phantomcamel
09-09-2013, 03:42 PM
no pricing yet - should be somewhere in between the Highline Ultimate I think..

Volksee77
12-09-2013, 02:51 PM
Excellent, Thank Christian, please keep me informed when pricing is released as I'd be keen on a burnt orange one (so long as the pricing is realistic for equip levels etc) and move my trendline on.

Tornado_ALIVE
08-10-2013, 05:12 PM
Lights on the roof or anywhere above the bonnet is not legal in Australia unfortunately. Must be on the front of the car and below the driver's of site looking over the bonnet. It will not make it through AUS regs in this setup.

roktourer
21-04-2014, 07:32 PM
Lights on the roof or anywhere above the bonnet is not legal in Australia unfortunately. Must be on the front of the car and below the driver's of site looking over the bonnet. It will not make it through AUS regs in this setup.

Yip totally correct. Been looking at them when I picked up mine (Ultimate) couple of weeks ago. Silly though as you can order it as a kit and once in install it and perfectly legal .....go figure

Tornado_ALIVE
22-04-2014, 04:47 PM
Sorry mate, lights on the roof of a vehicle are not legal. Can't be above the bonnet

unrealshots
22-04-2014, 09:33 PM
Not legal to be sold as a manufacturer fit accessory on an ADR complianced vehicle, but not illegal in all states to fit and use after sale... (At this stage)

Guy_H
24-04-2014, 08:55 AM
I had a conversation with an engineer @ the 4x4 show recently at Brisbane, where on all the stands there were dozens & dozens of 4x4's with high (roof rack) mounted LED bars.

He assured me that now in all states, "offroad lights" can be mounted @ any height. The stipulation of an "offroad" light is it can only throw a beam so far, and it is not wired to the headlights / high beam section of the circuit.

There is a size & width regulation, but he mentioned that the regulation didn't stop you mounting two units side by side!

Lightbar regulations (http://www.monsterlights.com.au/regs.htm)

BBVWCAP
15-09-2014, 07:57 PM
If anyone is interested I will have a burnt orange canyon available very soon for sale, just awaiting a proper delivery date. If you want any details on which vw dealership this will be located pm me.

Hillbilly
15-09-2014, 09:40 PM
Off ROAD lights may be fitted on the roof but to be legal must have solid covers ( not transparent) when the vehicle is on a public road.
The reg in the link says they must be on the FRONT of the vehicle. Doesnt mention on the roof.

The ADR rule about above bonnet height is still there.

There was a model of Jeep that had them in corners of racks on the roof and were described as "Other" lights similar to the way they describe "Wanker lights" instead of fogs

Adrian_R
15-09-2014, 11:22 PM
FWIW, Canyon has been granted ADR certification without the roof bar and lights