PDA

View Full Version : Our T3 Syncro Camper

Caravelle Auto's
01-10-2007, 09:29 PM
Hi this is our T3 Syncro camper and one of his cousins our 61 split screen Michael. We have quite a few friend's with T3 Syncro campers who live on the North West Coast in Tassie. Here are a few snaps of one of many group excursions around the state.

jets
01-10-2007, 09:53 PM
How come there are so many T3 Syncros in Tas? Do you know who would have purchased them new? Were they ex Government & then converted? I have been to Tas on several occasions & at the Salimanca markets there was always a T3 Syncro with a galv. step as a rear bumper. I think it might have been an ex Telstra van.
Nice to see your photos.

Caravelle Auto's
07-10-2007, 07:21 PM
Hi
Our syncro was privately delivered new, having been converted by Trakka in Bondi Sydney. It has 161000 km and it is in great shape. Two of the syncro's in the pics were indeed ex Telstra, but there are a number of private delivered oned in Tassie. When I lived in Adelaide in the 70's and some of the 80's I bought a few ex pmg and telecom vans, these were always a good buy and usually with low km.

phaeton
07-10-2007, 08:07 PM
Welcome CA to VWwA j:

Love the syncro's :o

CORDY_SXE
08-10-2007, 09:07 PM
How come there are so many T3 Syncros in Tas? Do you know who would have purchased them new? Were they ex Government & then converted? I have been to Tas on several occasions & at the Salimanca markets there was always a T3 Syncro with a galv. step as a rear bumper. I think it might have been an ex Telstra van.
Nice to see your photos.

I think you might be right about T3 Syncro's being used by Telstra. I remember seeing a few T3 Syncro's being used by Telstra when I used to live in NSW.