PDA

View Full Version : Battery

fmflex
14-08-2013, 09:05 AM
Hi All

Just a general question to those of you who've had a battery longer than 4 years. How long did your battery last before giving out or is it still going strong? Reason I've asked if that mine's hit the 4 year mark and has been used as a trade vehicle all its life. The battery is still going but wondering if I should keep it in the back of my mind it's now possibly at the pointy end. I'm not too fussed about it packing up as I can always start off the dual batteries.

Thanks

CPITUNING
15-08-2013, 07:20 PM
Generally speaking batteries only last 3 years. To get more than 3 years on a standard battery is pretty good.

-Joe

fmflex
16-08-2013, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the reply Joe

I'm not overly fussed about being stranded as if need be I can link my auxiliary batteries to the main and start off them if required until I get the main battery replaced..

Just a query about those Optima batteries you sell, are they available with the pos and neg posts reversed?

CPITUNING
16-08-2013, 11:24 PM
Thanks for the reply Joe

I'm not overly fussed about being stranded as if need be I can link my auxiliary batteries to the main and start off them if required until I get the main battery replaced..

Just a query about those Optima batteries you sell, are they available with the pos and neg posts reversed?

Yes indeed they are. There are plenty of models. We have included a table on the site which shows which side the positive terminal is on and the size of the batteries: Optima Yellow Top Batteries - For your Car & 4WD - FREE SHIPPING | SlickOnline - AutoSlick & HomeSlick (http://www.slickonline.com.au/collections/j-the-battery-store/products/optima-yellow)

Are you interested in one?

- Joe