PDA

View Full Version : Superb MY10, MY11, MY12 differences?

WSDsmurf
11-08-2013, 06:29 PM
Hi Guys.

I'm new here. Have been trawling the forum a lot as I am thinking about buying a Superb Elegance wagon as the next car.

For the life of me I can't figure out the differences between different model years of Superbs.

MY10: +DRL in foglight surround, +sharkfin antenna? (from Briskoda)
MY11: +KESSY available (option)? (from BriSkoda).
MY12: +bluetooth, +front/rear parking sensors on sedan.
MY13: +park assist on sedan.

I did find the following about confirming model years, in that:
"It's the 10th character in the VIN, in our case, our VIN is : TMBKB93T7Cxxxxxxx.
The C indicates a MY12, B = 11, A = 10, 9 = 09, 8 = 08."

I understand MY12 was the first to get standard bluetooth, is that correct? (That seems really late to me).
Was looking at an Elegance MY10 wagon, but can't find much that details what changed from MY09 to MY11 etc.
But I gather that despite it having a RNS510 sat-nav, that bluetooth isn't standard?

Any pointers would be helpful.

Thanks.

dArK5HaD0w
11-08-2013, 07:25 PM
I understand MY12 was the first to get standard bluetooth, is that correct? (That seems really late to me).
Was looking at an Elegance MY10 wagon, but can't find much that details what changed from MY09 to MY11 etc.
But I gather that despite it having a RNS510 sat-nav, that bluetooth isn't standard?

correct - bluetooth wasn't std till recently.
the rns510 (columbus) was only made std on certain skoda models from my12.
the rns510 does not come with bluetooth.

romaniac
11-08-2013, 09:40 PM
also front and rear parking sensors are standard on the MY12, not on MY11
can't remember if heated seats were too

Shakey
12-08-2013, 07:55 PM
also front and rear parking sensors are standard on the MY12, not on MY11
can't remember if heated seats were too

I have an MY13 sedan. Heated seats front and rear. Front and rear parking sensors along with park assist . My understanding is that blue tooth was standard from MY11

WSDsmurf
12-08-2013, 09:34 PM
Thanks guys.

I didn't realise it would be this hard to mine whats different between the MY model years.
Even on BriSkoda I haven't found an easy list (plus the euro market got different trim levels).

I'm happy to keep updating the opening post if people are happy to keep adding their 2c.

Jake02
13-08-2013, 02:07 PM
Those bits are correct, as well as in MY11 the Elegance got leather and Columbus sat-nav as standard equipment.

Ozsko
17-08-2013, 10:50 PM
Early Superbs did not have leather, RS510 or BT. By early I mean the first cars here in 09/10. I did not understand all this when I bought mine and thought it was an Ambition that had been optioned up because it came off the Skoda fleet. I wasn't really interested either being primarily interested in that it was the only diesel in Sydney and I wanted it straight away. In the end the dealer put leather in it as part of the deal and I have added the RS510 and BT.

I see Superbs are on special at the moment 10K off list or thereabouts and while it is tempting I can't bring myself to buy one and suffer the depreciation again. I reckon mine is worth bugger all as a trade and trying to sell it retail does not appeal. Besides that I will be buying the same car and get no real advantage except it won't have 80,000 kms on it.

WSDsmurf
18-08-2013, 07:41 PM
Thanks for that.

How hard was it to add bluetooth to a MY10 car?
All all the Superbs in Aus fitted out with the wiring under the drivers seats for the bluetooth module? So its just a matter of adding the black box off e-bay and maybe tweaking things with VCDS or wotever its called?

Ozsko
18-08-2013, 08:01 PM
I bought the kit from Ebay and had it fitted by Kamold a member who frequents here, do a search on his user name. The cutout is in the carpet under the seat but the wiring had to be run to the head unit and a VCDS used to get the car to accept it. I am sure that someone from the Audio and Electronics sub-forum would be able to assist

dArK5HaD0w
19-08-2013, 09:26 PM
i retrofitted the 9wz bluetooth to mine. thread here (http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f149/couldnt-b-happier-my-bluetooth-install-64198.html) if u want to have a read.
there is no wiring - u'll need to route the bt wiring harness from the back of the headunit.
which is why i placed mine behind the climatronic controls, and not under the seat.

once wired in, it was simply a matter of coding.

Albervin
20-08-2013, 09:37 AM
My MY11 wagon has Columbus, heated leather seats (front and rear), bi-xenon headlights, park assist, KESSY, electric tailgate and no bluetooth.

Ozsko
20-08-2013, 09:59 AM
My MY11 wagon has Columbus, heated leather seats (front and rear), bi-xenon headlights, park assist, KESSY, electric tailgate and no bluetooth.

The standard spec of the car has been progressively added to since launch in Oz and BT was the last item added. I think they realised that the price was too expensive for the standard equipment list and the market position they wanted to place it in demanded a higher spec. it is still 10K too expensive thus the recent offer at 46K. VW's problem is they have re-positioned the Passat compared in relation to the Superb and done nothing to the Superb except add BT.

WSDsmurf
25-08-2013, 08:11 PM
So as far as it goes, it look like in relation to Superb Elegance wagons... from MY10 to my13 about the only thing that has changed is the bluetooth in MY12 then.
In the wagon, the front/back parking sensors and autopark were standard throughout.
KESSY, sunroof, powered tailgate, etc were always options when available.

Thanks guys.