PDA

View Full Version : Recaro seats

RRRRIT
11-08-2013, 01:58 PM
Has anyone installed the oem recaro seats which is an option with the golf r into the scirocco r?
Thinking about buying the complete set including rear seats and installing them.
Apparently you need a airbag resistor to turn off the airbag light?
Any comments welcome:cool:

slowmotion_93
11-08-2013, 04:46 PM
In short, yes. Just swap and clear the airbag light error using vagcom I believe.

However, as your car came from factory with airbags in the seats, it will no longer be roadworthy. Might be something to think about if you want to keep it roadworthy.

SciroccoJ
11-08-2013, 10:24 PM
I am thinking to do the same... this is actually an option with the scirocco/scirocco R in oversea market... Maybe able to get it engineered and get a certificate to make it roadworthy?

aprr32
12-08-2013, 08:36 AM
I have a brand new pair of Rocco R recaros for sale.My S3 has the same seats in from factory and they have no airbags but it is still legal as it is a factory option just as the Rocco is in o/s models.

DonJuan
12-08-2013, 09:05 AM
Yeah, if your car came with airbags, it needs them all to stay roadworthy. I looked at getting the recaro's for mine but that mean $6k and ordering the OEM ones from Europe.

If your car didn't come from factory with those airbags, it doesn't matter as you're replacing like for like and therefore remains road legal.

Rev 555
12-08-2013, 05:40 PM
I sourced mine from ebay Germany. They are rare but they do come on from time to time. Mine was a cancelled order, the seats were made for a Scirocco. The rails fit however if sourcing from left hand drive countries there are a few things you need to do.

1. You cant disengage the Airbag warning light via Vagcom. You need to buy the Recaro resistors for the car. Unfortunately there are so many types so its a bit of chance game but I got mine right first go). Alternatively you can get your auto electrician to rewire in a resistor.
2. For some reason the seat belt release mechanism which has the warning sensor for putting on your seat belt on is a little bit different. I had to swap the brackets from my old seat to the new ones so they fit
(I ended up disengaging the warning light and sound in Vagcom as I had intermittent issues)

They are really worth the expense, great seats.

Joe7777
12-08-2013, 10:02 PM
Love your Recaro seats Kevin! Do we lose the heated seat option too once get on those?

I sourced mine from ebay Germany. They are rare but they do come on from time to time. Mine was a cancelled order, the seats were made for a Scirocco. The rails fit however if sourcing from left hand drive countries there are a few things you need to do.

1. You cant disengage the Airbag warning light via Vagcom. You need to buy the Recaro resistors for the car. Unfortunately there are so many types so its a bit of chance game but I got mine right first go). Alternatively you can get your auto electrician to rewire in a resistor.
2. For some reason the seat belt release mechanism which has the warning sensor for putting on your seat belt on is a little bit different. I had to swap the brackets from my old seat to the new ones so they fit
(I ended up disengaging the warning light and sound in Vagcom as I intermittent issues)

They are really worth the expense, great seats.

Rev 555
12-08-2013, 10:05 PM
Love your Recaro seats Kevin! Do we lose the heated seat option too once get on those?

Nope that feature is retained!

Joe7777
12-08-2013, 10:39 PM
Superb! Then no doubt I will get on those at some point!

Nope that feature is retained!

Andych
13-08-2013, 08:13 AM
You can also use Recaro CS seats which are available with Airbags and seat heating... This ensures your car still complies with applicable ADR's although you should still get an Engineers Certificate as they are different to what was homologated for Australia by VW.

A friend of mine has these in his Candy White Roc and he has had the complete car re-trimmed in Italian leather (Red & Black) and it is amazing... But certainly isnt cheap.

If you go the Scirocco Recaros (Slightly different to the CS) you will still need to either have the rear seat retrimmed or get the full set..

Superb! Then no doubt I will get on those at some point!

Joe7777
13-08-2013, 08:59 AM
Thanks for the advice Andy, surely will be cautious with this when get them on. Some homework to do for sure. In the meantime, will get few more performance mods done first :P

Re-trimming is part of my plan too (and LSD door maybe :rolleyes:), like you say, all these aren't cheap, need more savings!!!

You can also use Recaro CS seats which are available with Airbags and seat heating... This ensures your car still complies with applicable ADR's although you should still get an Engineers Certificate as they are different to what was homologated for Australia by VW.

A friend of mine has these in his Candy White Roc and he has had the complete car re-trimmed in Italian leather (Red & Black) and it is amazing... But certainly isnt cheap.

If you go the Scirocco Recaros (Slightly different to the CS) you will still need to either have the rear seat retrimmed or get the full set..

Rev 555
13-08-2013, 02:30 PM
Recaro CS are nice however....quote from Idealseat

Sportster CS with SAB with heating $2799 per seat
Colours available are a vinyl surround with dinamica black, red, blue or silver centre.

Base Frame to suit vehicle $400 per side.

Joe7777
14-08-2013, 12:46 AM
Thanks for the quote Kevin! This is indeed a big one!!! Not justified why VW doesn't offer this as a factory option for this car in OZ...It seems VW always believe there is only a small market for the Rocco at here. hmmmmm

Recaro CS are nice however....quote from Idealseat

Sportster CS with SAB with heating $2799 per seat
Colours available are a vinyl surround with dinamica black, red, blue or silver centre.

Base Frame to suit vehicle $400 per side.

staryknight
28-08-2013, 07:52 PM
of the guys who picked them up on ebay from germany, do you mind us asking how much they were shipped here?

BLKMKV
28-08-2013, 08:00 PM
A guy on ozrenaultsport is selling a set from an rs250 you will prob get at a good price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)