PDA

View Full Version : Coolant Warning Light in Cool Conditions

JonsCaddyMaxed
06-08-2013, 06:15 PM
Hi my Caddy is coming up to 4 years old and everything works well apart from the coolant light which comes on when I first start the car up in the coolish mornings about 5degreesC and under, followed by 3 loud beeps, after that it doesn't come on any other time of the day, coolant level is fine, any ideas?

Umai Naa!!
06-08-2013, 07:43 PM
Cold weather indicator :)

See how it goes as the weather warms up.

vdubmotorworx
06-08-2013, 08:57 PM
cold weather indicator comes on at 4oc and just bings once and flashes a snow flake on the MFD...your 3 bings points to the coolant being low...if the coolant level is ok it points to the level sensor faulty in the coolant tank......think its only crafters but they actually sense the amount of coolant/ water concerntration...if its too weak this also happens..Is you coolant colour nice and deep pink/red?? . VDUB....

JonsCaddyMaxed
07-08-2013, 07:20 AM
cold weather indicator comes on at 4oc and just bings once and flashes a snow flake on the MFD...your 3 bings points to the coolant being low...if the coolant level is ok it points to the level sensor faulty in the coolant tank......think its only crafters but they actually sense the amount of coolant/ water concerntration...if its too weak this also happens..Is you coolant colour nice and deep pink/red?? . VDUB....

Thanks for this, yeah I've been using the VW coolant straight from the bottle to top it up, it's coming up to its 75,000k service so I will get them to check it out. Gets annoying every morning though, it's not a deep pink colour at present.

Two Dogs
26-08-2013, 06:05 PM
Try cleaning the sensor inside the coolant tank. On my 1.9 tdi you could easily brush it with a 1" brush, no more warning.

I have previously posted bout it on here before somewhere. Mine slowly got worse, it first occurred on a freezing morning one winter and slowly got more persistent over a period of 18 months.

Just went back and found the earlier post http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f135/coolant-level-warning-81368.html