PDA

View Full Version : Gremlins

Albervin
04-08-2013, 05:09 PM
On the trip from Canberra to Wollongong today I experienced an annoying fault. The up change paddle on my steering wheel refused to work but the down change paddle continued to function normally. I resorted to using the floor change and started to think I was going to have to spend more time sorting this out with the dealer; this made me even more annoyed. My wife suggested I stop the car, turn everything off and wait a few minutes before starting up again to see if it would re-boot the system. Smart girl. All of a sudden the paddle started working BUT there was a strange after effect: all the MFD readings were re-set! I haven't yet checked to see if all my settings for mirror, seats, lights etc. have been re-set to factory settings yet but if that is the case then all the more annoying. Anyone else had any similar experience?

Ozsko
17-08-2013, 11:00 PM
Electronic gremlins. Mine very occasionally has an issue booting the radio, stopping and re-starting the car fixes it. I had the rear blinkers go nuts one day and stop working, then one worked etc. I parked the car and when i came back all was well and has never occurred again. I have had the engine light on for months after the DPF sensor went on the blink. It was fixed and every time the car is serviced they clear the code and the light returns a day later. Next time I am not accepting the car back until they have driven it for a few days, it is fortunate that a friend of mine has recently joined the dealer that will service it so he can use it as a drive car until it is fixed and give it back to the service guys when it isn't. It's nice to have a friend in high places and I am going to take advantage of it.

Albervin
20-08-2013, 04:46 PM
Tell me more. After the disasters at Southern classic I am looking for a place to go for warranty work. All servicing is done by Jim at Volksworx. I may need to re-boot KESSY as it is being a bit hit and miss at the moment; just the opening and locking not the starting and stopping. The service manager at SCC rang me the other day to enquire about the electronic tailgate function. In particular the use of the remote and actuation of the tailgate lights. Apparently they have a car there that is misbehaving and they want a copy of my code because they don't have a clue.