PDA

View Full Version : Touareg wannabe maybe

subdub
30-07-2013, 02:33 AM
Howdy,
I own a Transporter T3 with a 2.7 litre ER27 subaru motor in it. I love my T3.
I want a long ranging comfortable dirt road option powerful big unit to replace my T3 - I am thinking it impossible - did I say I love my T3.
It is the size, the load options, the lay down the seat roll out the swag, 4 buddies and the golf gear, me and my familly with all the bikes in it, camping, hay carting, length of poly fitting, sitting up looking down character type brick.
But it is noisy to ride in and has no air cond - read becoming an old geezer.
So.....T5 Transporter, can't come at it - it is a whole different dimension. Touareg, nice and my darling partner likes them too which is a big ask.

So, an upgrade 2008 + V6TDI Touareg. Can they be trusted, are they reliable? Here I am doing research. I have found the Treg site and the great new buyers report. Gotta love the people on these forums and the work you all put in.

Open to your stories. Will I buy my 5th VW? Or will I drop 1/2 that money into my T3 and build up? I have a good base and I gotta tell ya.....I love my T3.

Transporter
30-07-2013, 08:02 AM
Welcome to the forum mate. Being the Touareg owner myself, the exact one you're after, I can tell that mine is very reliable and I didn't here many others complaining either. So, good luck with the decision. :)