PDA

View Full Version : Further assist needed with Polo 6N auto problems

miapolo99
26-07-2013, 09:55 AM
Firstly a big thank you to members who provided thoughts and auto transmission transplant offers.
Looks like I will possibly have to opt for the latter as no one yet has had a similar experience or cured one like this.

My next inquiry is to the serial number of the throttle body on the 6N for 1.6l motor AEE. I was informed that the sensor may have some bearing on my auto problems, so I bought a new 030 133 064 'D' from eBay as seller stated it fitted exactly my specifications. On removal of my existing one I find it is the same number but ends in "F". Further investigation in Haynes manual gives completely different number 032 906 030 A or J, which makes more sense for an automatic.
If there is some member out there with the same spec auto, would you mind checking the serial number and let me know what is on yours as I think the wrong item may have been installed by previous owners.
(The serial number is on the black plastic cover on the back of the throttle body, you will have to remove the air cleaner to see.
Thanks

Umai Naa!!
26-07-2013, 10:22 AM
Depends on the VIN.

Up to 105000 is 030133064D.

From 105001 is 030133064F.

pontiff
26-07-2013, 02:49 PM
I have always used D on F cars when required and not had a problem. Difference could be as simple as different manufacturer or any number of other things . Different part number does not necessarily mean its functionally different

Checked my 1.6 auto... D I have some others I will check too

Umai Naa!!
26-07-2013, 03:11 PM
Yeah, I'd say it's probably fine to use.

Golf Loon
26-07-2013, 09:53 PM
Auto and manual throttle bodies are different and will give unusual idle issues.

Jmac
27-07-2013, 08:14 AM
Def does make a difference if auto or manual. Its the first question asked at suppliers

miapolo99
27-07-2013, 09:03 AM
Thanks once again, it's great to have access to guru's in this forum for us new to vww. Looks like the F is correct for my 6n as vin is 117...,however it still ran fine on the new "D" after I installed it and drove it 500 meters before the auto dropped out once again at 50km/h.
Should i now accept there is no other throttle for auto model?
I now have one slightly used ha ha "D" model throttle up for grabs, will accept offers in PM section.

miapolo99
29-07-2013, 02:03 PM
Had a trip to local auto trans workshop, had to be local (at 50km/h max). Was informed that the gearbox installed is a 'JATCO' brand, could this be why no errors come up on VAG scanner and silly question is this the 001 box we have been talking about or is this an aftermarket one that has been installed? Will a 6N2 gearbox now be able to replace JATCO? H E L P!!!

pontiff
29-07-2013, 02:34 PM
Had a trip to local auto trans workshop, had to be local (at 50km/h max). Was informed that the gearbox installed is a 'JATCO' brand, could this be why no errors come up on VAG scanner and silly question is this the 001 box we have been talking about or is this an aftermarket one that has been installed? Will a 6N2 gearbox now be able to replace JATCO? H E L P!!!

Not sure what box the 6n2 used for their auto's but not sure who makes the 001's, it could be that VW buy them from someone else, but they would be stamped as VW (all the ones that I have seen were)