PDA

View Full Version : Glow Plug Fault

wai
24-07-2013, 08:52 PM
G'day,

Around a week ago I came back from shopping and stopped in my driveway. I did not have the transmission in Park when I turned the engine off, so could not get the key out. I had to turn the ignition key back to the On position to be able to put the transmission in Park to then get the key out, only when I put the ignition key in the On position there was a warning tone and the MFD said "Fault logged: Workshop!", and the glow plug light in the instrument cluster started flashing. Turning the ignition off and back on would not clear it. I had leave it for a minute or so and then there was no warning...

That was until yesterday when I had a similar thing happen. I went to have my eyes tested and when I parked I noticed I was not square enough, so I went to restart the engine, and again the warning tone sounded, the MFD showed the fault error, and the glow plug light flashed. Again, after a minute or so, there was no warning.

The car is a MY11 Caddy Maxi Life TDI250.

I have it booked in to have this checked early next week because I due to go to Bendigo/Daylesford a week later and seeing as they had snow, I did not want to get caught with a faulty glow plug, but wondered if anyone else had come across this. Is it just computers that are a little too sensitive, or is it likely to be a faulty glow plug?

wai
03-08-2013, 07:34 PM
A follow up.

The dealer had the car for the day and said they had "re-programmed" the ECU. What they did, I don't know.

vdubmotorworx
03-08-2013, 08:36 PM
The fault code will have had link to a factory update..basically it changes the software in the engine ecu to run differently to cure your issue..VDUB..

fmflex
14-08-2013, 08:53 AM
Hi wai

I had a similar problem a few years ago that was solved by the dealer replacing a exhaust temp sensor of some description. I'm ot exactly sure which one but the issue hasn't come back up.