PDA

View Full Version : Got an MK2... at last!!!

GermanwithaVdub
26-09-2007, 11:52 PM
Well i finally got an mk2 for my project (see sig) buuut it took the whole day and lots of stress but finally got it up from canberra's auction yard and into its temporary home at north sydney!

forgot to tie down the bonnet on the way and it flew up and bent its hinges slightly but that was the only damage it suffered

i was incredibly lucky because all the parts i need to get it running were in the boot! and it even came with a key!

anyway, here it is... it'll look a lot better in a few weeks :)

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/2696/dsc00116ae6.th.jpg (http://img511.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00116ae6.jpg)

more pics tomorrow

KI11Z
27-09-2007, 02:31 AM
seems to be in good nic (minus the front ;)) and you gotta keep those bucket seats, i i i mean seat covers!!! j:

wicked though! whats planned? or is it top secret? :cool:

GermanwithaVdub
27-09-2007, 07:54 AM
hehe yeah the previous owner didnt have much taste it looks like :rolleyes:

my sig kinda gives away what i have planned... but im still not 100% sure what conversion i wanna do... but its gonna be big! also slightly depends what wrecks come on auction when i can afford to buy one :)

rayray086
27-09-2007, 08:16 AM
Congrats mate :) Cool wheels!

gtimk5
27-09-2007, 11:43 AM
Make sure that you dont drive it with the front off it. VW stated that that was a no no as it holds the front in line!
Good buying, enjoy the resto.
Andrew :)

Water Boy
27-09-2007, 06:45 PM
Rock on mate... I have become a big fan of the Mk2 so i cant wait to see whats in stall :D

GermanwithaVdub
27-09-2007, 07:09 PM
Make sure that you dont drive it with the front off it. VW stated that that was a no no as it holds the front in line!
Good buying, enjoy the resto.
Andrew :)

no fear of that happening! the radiator is sitting in the boot along with other important bits... havent really checked it out properly. waiting on the bentley manual to get it running with its 8v and then ill start swapping in a month or so :)