PDA

View Full Version : New Roomster...

dimadee
18-07-2013, 08:34 PM
Been a VAG fan for a while - my daily driver is a '99 Audi TT Quattro with a stage 2 tune and a couple of other bits ;-)

Anyway, I picked up a new Roomster for my wife on 1st July. White with a black roof, 5 speed manual, MDI, Rear Park Assist, Privacy Glass & Climate Control. It really is a nice drive, with the fuel economy hovering around 7.4 l/100km. Great price as well, so big smiles all round! Bought it from Frankston Skoda, and must say that John was super easy to deal with, and gave us a greta deal.

My biggest concern is the oil consumption with the 1.2 TSI engine. I get the feeling that it is a bit hit and miss with the TSI engines.

Just wondering how common (& severe) oil consumption issues actually are with the 1.2 TSI?

brad
19-07-2013, 09:54 AM
A mate has the 1.2TSI in his Polo. No oil usage.

It was a demo with 2000km when he bought it. Knowing his driving style he would have run it in with vigour but not thrashed it.

Greg Roles
19-07-2013, 06:29 PM
Is it actually using oil old mate? It will need a "spirited" run in......

dimadee
20-07-2013, 09:45 AM
So far it hasn't used a drop.

I have been exposing it to Tim's acellerated run in process...been loading it up a bit at low rpm and also letting it gently express itself by singing :-)