PDA

View Full Version : Help needed for 6n automatic transmission problems

miapolo99
17-07-2013, 08:42 AM
Acquired recently a 99 Polo auto, advertised as in ""excellent condition" drove 5km and the auto dropped into angel gear at 50km/h, had to pull into 3 to complete journey. Took car to qualified VW mechanic who suggested changing oil and filter. On examination only the inner filter was found. Ever dentally filters for this model are scarce as rocking horse .....but one was found and replaced. After much money was spent gaining a safety certificate the problem is still there.
Has anyone else encountered this problem and more important is there a cure out there? Someone suggested the throttle sensor may need replacing? Also has any body found an outlet for auto filters?
Thanks in anticipation.

Umai Naa!!
17-07-2013, 01:17 PM
I can't recall what transmission the 6N had, but I'd say the filter in the pan is the only it'll have.

pontiff
17-07-2013, 02:18 PM
I can't recall what transmission the 6N had, but I'd say the filter in the pan is the only it'll have.

AT01 I think, or certainly the '01' if nothing else. i had the pan off one recently and could only see the 1 filter. Isn't there some sort of fail safe in them by where it wont go into top gear until the water temp has reached a certain temp?

vdubmotorworx
17-07-2013, 03:27 PM
M1 autos near loganholme are very experienced with vw autos.....VDUB...

pontiff
17-07-2013, 03:31 PM
M1 autos near loganholme are very experienced with vw autos.....VDUB...

and worst comes to worst, I believe there was actually someone in QLD selling an auto from a 6n1 for $200 which apparantly worked fine. could always be an option. the advert was on gumtree

Gigitt
17-07-2013, 04:13 PM
We have a fresh front damaged automatic 98 polo 6n 1.6 sitting in our shed on our farm near Inverell.

Jmac
17-07-2013, 06:09 PM
I got a transmission that was going ok before the engine blew up, I have spare ECu to go with it, im chasing $150 for it. Its an 001 which these have FYI.
Cheers
Jmac

miapolo99
18-07-2013, 10:38 AM
I got a transmission that was going ok before the engine blew up, I have spare ECu to go with it, im chasing $150 for it. Its an 001 which these have FYI.
Cheers
Jmac

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. As no one yet has had my problem or come up with a solution I should take you up on your offer if it is definitely in good working condition. Could you tell me if your car VIN or engine code is AEE? And is the auto detached and ready to be picked up.
Send an SMS to me at 0414324166 with address and other contact details.

pontiff
18-07-2013, 02:14 PM
That's what u want, I was literally in etka before and they are indeed 001's.. And a full trans of full synthetic fluid will be 2/3 the cost of the trans :))