PDA

View Full Version : T5 noise

yddiz
26-09-2007, 08:18 PM
Hi People
I have a 06 LWB 128kw T5 and am wondering if any one out there like myself hear's a low pitch humming noise when the acceleration is released, VW Australia tell me that this is normal and I find it hard to believe as it only started a few months ago and it's quite annoying when in heavy traffic. If any one can give me a few ideas I would greatly appreciate it.

gldgti
27-09-2007, 12:29 PM
exhaust vibration?

Tornado T5
28-09-2007, 07:59 PM
Hi People
I have a 06 LWB 128kw T5 and am wondering if any one out there like myself hear's a low pitch humming noise when the acceleration is released, VW Australia tell me that this is normal and I find it hard to believe as it only started a few months ago and it's quite annoying when in heavy traffic. If any one can give me a few ideas I would greatly appreciate it.
I'll make a point of listening out tomorrow when I drive mine. Is your T5 an auto or manual? I take it you only notice it at speeds below say 30km/hr where you are crawling along in heavy traffic?

phaeton
29-09-2007, 09:17 AM
Welcome to VWwA yddiz j:

Please post some pics of your T5 :D

yddiz
01-10-2007, 05:54 PM
I'll make a point of listening out tomorrow when I drive mine. Is your T5 an auto or manual? I take it you only notice it at speeds below say 30km/hr where you are crawling along in heavy traffic?
Hi Ben
I notice the noise when the rev's are between 1200 and 2000 on deaccelaration.

VW Aust had a look at it and as far as they or VW Germany are concerned it is gear train noise, I find it strange as it only started a few months ago ( 33000ks)

yddiz
01-10-2007, 05:56 PM
Welcome to VWwA yddiz j:

Please post some pics of your T5 :D
As soon as I get it back from the smash repairs, the VW dealer did a great Job.