PDA

View Full Version : VW Sydney Showdown (drags)

VWMAT5
24-06-2013, 10:25 AM
Hi All,

Pre-paid entries are now closed for the VW Showdown this Saturday 29th June. Late entries will be accepted at the gate ($130 driver, crew $20 per person).

If you are arriving on Friday I can be found at the track for you to collect your tickets and other information. I will be at the track until approximately 6pm, at which time I will be heading off to the Pizza cruise. At Dino's Pizza I will still be able to issue the pre-paid tickets, so you can catch me there if you missed me at the track. Failing that you will need to collect them from the front gate on Saturday morning. Your ticket is needed at scrutineering - no ticket, no racing. Simples!!

92 cars have entered for the day with another batch of new cars and fresh faces. The cutoff for the Top VW Shootout is 11 seconds flat - a challenging, but achievable bench mark for the quicker cars.

The programme is the same as February, but we'll bring everything forward by an hour to conduct all the racing before nightfall. The twilight cruise will be after the finals.

Other than that, have a safe trip and see you on the track.

Cheers
Craig Hughes
Editor / Part-Time Drag Racer
VWMA
Volkswagen Magazine Australia. © 2013 (http://www.vwma.net.au)

amazeer
28-06-2013, 07:49 PM
Craig Hughes you could turn the driest of deserts into an oasis!