PDA

View Full Version : ACC Fault after recent software update?

Wagen Wheels
19-06-2013, 01:48 PM
Just had my 45,000km service done about 2 weeks ago and noticed when I picked up the car, a software update had been flashed on the Adaptive Cruise Control. I have since noticed the 'car collision' icon on the centre of the dash is now much larger than previous and the detection seems to be somewhat more sensititive.

However, this morning I noticed after I left home that the usual ACC icon was replaced with an !
Turning the ACC off & back on simply displays ACC Fault so I was not able to set the cruise control and was wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar issue after their recent car service or whether it was just too cold today?

When I went out for lunch today, the car started without the ACC fault which appears to have been reset and just thinking whether I need to take it back to dealership to get any 'codes' checked out or whether the engine still needs to be running with the ACC fault condition on for the tech to scan the computer for any fault codes?

Any ideas or suggestions would be most welcome.

Transporter
20-06-2013, 06:37 PM
Get it checked.

vdubmotorworx
20-06-2013, 09:18 PM
Software update for ACC?? news to me... did you go in there with a ACC fault? when you try and set the ACC and it dusplays (!) in the dash the ACC doesnt work as there is a fault some where in the system.... take it back to the dealer if it happens again...only issues I have seen are the front sensor itself....VDUB...

Wagen Wheels
21-06-2013, 06:04 PM
Thanks Guys,

I think you might be onto something as I initially thought since it was a very cold morning, when I cranked the engine the voltage dropped so much that the ACC faulted as symptom has never come back so far.

Interestingly enough, about a week ago my left front sensor was always indicating "red" proximity as I left an outdoor carpark which I put down to a leaf probably being blown onto the sensor & was stuck with the rain & then blew off on the freeway.

Never had an ACC fault before, so just had its normal 45,000km service 2 weeks ago, but when I picked up the car, I noticed the ACC started differently and the collision icon in the MFD is bigger than before so I can only assume they must have performed some sort of software update?

In any case, I think I'll get the Barloworld boys to check out the ECU for any ACC fault codes and ask them if my VIN is in the range of the effected recent recall notice.

Cheers,

Wagen Wheels.

vdubmotorworx
21-06-2013, 06:34 PM
i would ask them what they did to change the dash display...VDUB...

Wagen Wheels
22-10-2013, 10:27 PM
OK,

Finally got around to getting my car booked in to be checked at the dealer who found the ACC fault code related to a low voltage event. Since it has never occured again, I'm putting it down to simply a very cold morning which caused the battery voltage to slightly dip when I must have turned on the heater or something.

Interestingly, I also had a small oil leak from behind the dipstick which turned out to be a faulty EGR value which was replaced under warranty. New part looks somewhat different to the original (not sure if my eyes playing up though) but for a car that's only done 53,700km do these DPF values seem reasonable:

ash volume 30ml (145,000km remaining) with current soot loading of 16.8g
[does this mean the DPF has to be physically replaced after 200,000km or the dealer has to do a special re-gen/clean out when the ash levels get too high?]

Cheers,

wagen wheels

vdubmotorworx
23-10-2013, 05:29 AM
Soot is burnt off and cleaned out but the ash cant be ..the ash level is the one to worry about so yes in your current driving style 200k is what its looking at for replacement. ..get a print out at every service so you can monitor the ash level so you get a idea when you need to start saving up for a new DPF.....

Wagen Wheels
28-10-2015, 10:08 PM
Well looks like last Saturday the ACC module completely failed when I started the engine as fault now appears to be solid all week (ACC Fault !). Booked in for service on Monday and dealer confirmed module faulty and part needed to be send overnight from Sydney. Today (3 days later), I pick up the car and lucky for extended warranty as the bill came to $4675.10.

ACC Module (VW3C0907567M) itself was about $3700 and the rest was for the alignment, labour (I'm assuming dashboard had to be partially removed) and GST!!!!

dero
29-10-2015, 02:19 PM
Holy crap. Pricey stuff!
My ACC has been ok so far. Only issues I've had with it was after a couple of services, it seemed that the ACC had been deactivated through the servicing routine as when I got it back, the instrument panel didn't have the green icon on. Couple of button pushes enabled it again. I found it odd that they'd deactivate it, but it wasn't worth questioning or complaining about.

booba
29-10-2015, 03:38 PM
this is one of the reason why i am spending $2800 for the extended warranty.