PDA

View Full Version : Recall???

Kojmeister
12-06-2013, 12:46 AM
Hey guys,

Thought I might share this after coming across this page -

Volkswagen Australia recalls 25,000 cars over DSG defect | CarAdvice (http://www.caradvice.com.au/235101/volkswagen-australia-recalls-25000-cars-over-dsg-defect/)

Has anyone been contacted already or heard much about this? Especially other 147tsi owners? Been hearing alota rave about this in recent times...

DoggiesUtd
12-06-2013, 08:57 AM
the link doesnt work...but i did hear this on the radio this morning...apparently its for all golfs/jettas/polos from 2008-2011.
Thank god mine was built this year :)

human traffic
12-06-2013, 09:34 AM
try this link
Volkswagen confirms recall of Australian cars after power-loss complaints - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) (http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-06-12/volkswagen-confirms-australian-car-recall/4747694)
didnt know a chick actually died cos of it :S and that was 2011! probably shouldve had some alarm bells going off back then!

i checked the build plate on mine and it turns out its at the end of 2011... but its a manual so hopefully everything else is kosher.
anyone know the specifics of the recall? i cant seem to find anything other than the years listed.

The_Hawk
12-06-2013, 09:49 AM
What she died from is entirely speculation at this point, the coroner is yet to hand down any findings at all. The truckie (and the family) *believe* the car "suddenly decelerated" which they blame for the accident... of course there is no information to prove or disprove that at all. nothing.

The article goes on to talk about DSG and diesel injector issues (which have been a concern for many within our community for a long time), but lets be clear here. The car involved in the 2011 accident was PETROL & MANUAL, nothing to do with any of the other things the media have been bashing on about.

Is it good that VW have been forced to acknowledge issues? Yes. Do I agree with the constant re-hashing of an accident which is in all probability not related at all to the issues they are pushing?? No.

noone
12-06-2013, 11:01 AM
Lots of threads, lots of posts, some have been contacted.

The issue is with 1 version of the DSG, no recalls on engine issues.

We need a central info thread for the exact issue and another where people can gripe about other general cross-platform build issues.

human traffic
12-06-2013, 11:45 AM
What she died from is entirely speculation at this point, the coroner is yet to hand down any findings at all. The truckie (and the family) *believe* the car "suddenly decelerated" which they blame for the accident... of course there is no information to prove or disprove that at all. nothing.

The article goes on to talk about DSG and diesel injector issues (which have been a concern for many within our community for a long time), but lets be clear here. The car involved in the 2011 accident was PETROL & MANUAL, nothing to do with any of the other things the media have been bashing on about.

Is it good that VW have been forced to acknowledge issues? Yes. Do I agree with the constant re-hashing of an accident which is in all probability not related at all to the issues they are pushing?? No.

being new to vw's this is the first i heard of the accident so i guess its an easy scape goat for ANY issue and we know how the media loves a good beatup.
it does sound suss tho, even if she slammed on the brakes the truckie shouldve been following at a distance that he could safely brake without running up her ass. :facepalm:

dodobird
28-09-2013, 06:10 AM
I've received my letter that my vehicle is affected and they are scheduling a date for me to go in when the parts arrive. And furthermore, i can feel my DSG gearbox starting to Judder(strong gearbox vibrations when starting off) . Frikkin dodgy DQ200 7 speed gearboxes.

ziggyboy
04-10-2013, 09:57 AM
The shudders is due to a badly designed clutch pack and can be replaced outside of the recall. The new redesigned clutch pack came out sometime late last year. Mine was replaced and hasn't shuddered since.