PDA

View Full Version : Seats

ralphk
09-06-2013, 01:15 AM
I bought my CC (MY12 125TDI, 5 seater) 4 months ago and when I test drove it I thought the seats were a bit uncomfortable (the sides dig into my thighs, the back is awesome, yes I am a big lad) I thought they would give a bit but they haven't I am at 18k with the car so I can't see those seats giving in anytime soon. Has anyone had similar issue and resolved it or are all cc owners < 100kg ? I tried losing some weight but I can't see me dropping enough to make this work for me.

Cheers

vdubmotorworx
09-06-2013, 06:00 AM
I don't think there will be much you can do really, generally the leather gives a little and the foam tends to compress down over time but apart from that nothing more. Of course the drivers seat tends to wear faster and more especially on the outside edge on the base and top from getting in and out... When I first started driving I remember having a similar issue but the other way around! Being a scrawny apprentice 17 years ago, sports seats just didn't hold me in! and I used to rattle around in them.....lol.. hopefully they might settle a little more but the metal frame won't be changing....VDUB...

ralphk
09-06-2013, 09:19 PM
Cheers. Look like I need to go Chrysler/Holden et al.

GippsCC
10-06-2013, 05:45 PM
I'm surprised ralphk you found seats uncomfortable. I have the 2013 model and I find the seats quite good, despite my fat arse :-) The lower ride a little awkward at times when exiting, but I find very comfortable - especially with massage and active climate on.

AAP01
10-06-2013, 05:57 PM
Not sure on what seats you have but being a big guy I found the cloth seats much more comfortable than leather. They mould to me.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2