PDA

View Full Version : 2011 vrs fabia

passat08
27-05-2013, 01:28 PM
Hey all looking at this very nice hatch just wanted to know if anyone has had problems yet? Would be looking at a remap so if anyone done aswell can u recommend places was lookong revo or viezue how ever spelt. Cheers

passat08
28-05-2013, 08:26 AM
I am guessing no one has read my post

Lucas_R
28-05-2013, 09:56 AM
Theres not too many Fabia vRS owners on here - hence the lack of replies to your question. If you look in the Polo 6R section you will find your answers as the Fabia vRS and Polo GTI share the same engine, transmission, brakes etc. Polo (6R, 2010+) (http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f128/)

Personally, there are way too many problems with the engines and transmissions fitted to these vehicles for me to recommend to you to buy one. Personally i would spend my money elsewhere.

passat08
28-05-2013, 10:29 AM
In what ways have u heard?

Lucas_R
28-05-2013, 11:16 AM
In what ways have u heard?

Have a read through some of the threads in the Polo section:

- rebuilt engines galore / blown up engines (the 1.4 twincharge engine runs too lean and therefore too hot and blows up pistons)
- replaced DSG gearboxes / replaced DSG clutches / replaced DSG mechatronics (some cars have had parts changed several times and still having issues)
- engines drinking oil like its going out of fashion

etc etc. Some guys are onto their 2nd and 3rd engine and still having issues.

passat08
28-05-2013, 05:44 PM
Is that with them being tuned or not

Lucas_R
28-05-2013, 08:16 PM
Most of the owners HAVEN'T tuned the engine for fear of having warranty rejected if/when it goes wrong.

Rubbadub
28-05-2013, 08:30 PM
Yes I'd agree with that. I haven't had a problem, but I'm not about to risk my warranty.

passat08
28-05-2013, 09:52 PM
But if u go to a repable place like apr wouldn't they just take tune off etc or atleast help u out. Rubbadud I see u have deleted resi does it sound throtier without it?

gavs
28-05-2013, 10:46 PM
But if u go to a repable place like apr wouldn't they just take tune off etc or atleast help u out. Rubbadud I see u have deleted resi does it sound throtier without it?

They can now but it is up to you as the customer to organise for the car to be returned to stock before any warranty work. I have to reiterate Lucas' comments though, it's a risky purchase this drivetrain, regardless of what model it is in, especially in 132kw/250Nm guise. Yes they are run far too lean in the top end and over fueled at the bottom end from factory, the factory dsg program is rubbish resulting in ruined clutches and with a mechatronics unit, it's luck if the draw.

Rubbadub
28-05-2013, 10:54 PM

Yes, a little "throatier" is a good description. Needs to be warmed up a bit first, I've found - it's almost a bit tinny when cold. Makes a nice noise when up-shifting at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle, though. :rave:

passat08
29-05-2013, 07:52 AM
So basically I should keep my passat 2.0 tsi Non dsg get the intake manifold fixed and just keep driving it?

Lucas_R
29-05-2013, 10:53 AM
So basically I should keep my passat 2.0 tsi Non dsg get the intake manifold fixed and just keep driving it?

Well that depends on what you like. If you have an issue with the inlet manifold on your current car (seems to be getting common these inlet manifold issues on the 2.0TSI's - theres been a few lately) you will need to get that fixed regardless of whether you decide to sell the car or not. I take it that your budget is low $20k's hence you are looking at a 2yr old Fabia vRS. For that price you could also get a Mk5 GTi, or if you could stretch the budget a little further - a Mk6 GTi.

muli
29-05-2013, 11:05 AM
23-24k for a new one aint too hard to achieve

passat08
29-05-2013, 11:28 AM
But then going have issue with dsg again and intake it known for the 2.0 tsi I am thinking more ralliart now awd hatch but have to save pennies

Lucas_R
29-05-2013, 12:04 PM
But then going have issue with dsg again and intake it known for the 2.0 tsi I am thinking more ralliart now awd hatch but have to save pennies

Well perhaps...it depends. The 6 speed DSG used in the more powerfull Golf models is a stronger and better designed box than the 7 speed unit used in the less powerfull Golf's and Polo's.

The Ralliart Lancer might be a good choice to consider as you have mentioned. I understand you need to have a automatic/DSG type gearbox, which is something they offer (basically Mitsubishi's version of DSG), and it should have enough power and grip to satisfy you...as long as you dont mind the reduction in general quality of the interior etc. The Ralliart Lancers were around $40k when new (give or take a few thousand for options etc) so you should be able to pick up a used one for under $30k these days surely.

woofy
29-05-2013, 12:24 PM
I was planning on getting the Ralliart Lancer when they first came out, then had a new model Lancer as a hire car and wanted to drive it off a cliff. I then got the Skoda Octavia RS and have had 4.5 great years with it so far. Such a better car.

passat08
29-05-2013, 01:15 PM
You can't really compare normal lancer to ralliart as one turbo the other not one awd the other not. I would be looking new one not second hand

Lucas_R
29-05-2013, 03:22 PM
You can't really compare normal lancer to ralliart as one turbo the other not one awd the other not. I would be looking new one not second hand

From a performance point of view you are correct, but in terms of the actual vehicle (interior / plastics / general quality) its the same car. Given how few of them are on the roads, i think that answers the question of how good they were....

woofy
29-05-2013, 03:46 PM
Yep it was nothing to do with the driving dynamics as of course the Ralliart would be better. The ergonomics and the crappy boot space really put us off, and the general cheapness overall. The Ralliart was much the same. Was disappointing seeing as it was looking good being a poormans Evo....but you can't polish a turd...

passat08
29-05-2013, 04:25 PM
If u look at the hatch compared to sedan the hatch actually lighter the seats they have in the new evo are heavy which make the car heavier. But understand what talking bout there is alot of plastics in the car.

Dutch77
29-05-2013, 05:19 PM
If you're looking at a new Ralliart then why not be considering a cheaper mk6 GTI or similar priced competitors like the Opel etc?

passat08
29-05-2013, 07:27 PM
Only have 5 years on drivetrain with vw 10yearz on the ralliart. Dsg more problems. Tsi intake manifold problems. Dont gry me wrong love the vw just alot of problems

gavs
29-05-2013, 08:00 PM
The ralliart is just a vrx lancer with a couple of bumpers, a bonnet an the awd drivetrain and turbo motor.

I looked at one and after driving it I was glad to hand the Kay's bak to the dealership. The DCT (same as dsg mate) in the ralliart was terrible, vw have done a much better job with theirs and its like chalk and cheese. The suspension is the same as the vrx and is dynamically offensive. I went for a drive up mount dandenong in it and aside from the constant tyre squeal, the seats are about as supportive as a church pew which is fantastic considering the amount of body roll, the thing would almost lift the inside wheels in corners!

Seriously, if you are in the market for a bloody good performance hatch without the hassles, buy an Opel corsa OPC or the renaultSport Clio.

passat08
29-05-2013, 08:24 PM
I need auto cant drive manual

Transporter
29-05-2013, 08:26 PM
Only have 5 years on drivetrain with vw 10yearz on the ralliart. Dsg more problems. Tsi intake manifold problems. Dont gry me wrong love the vw just alot of problems

You most likelly will find out that the Mitsubishi, actually any other brand have their own fair share of the faults and the problems.

brad
30-05-2013, 08:50 AM
Tsi intake manifold problems.
Link to info please? I wasn't aware of this.

passat08
30-05-2013, 09:00 AM
You going to have to search it sorry

brad
30-05-2013, 09:38 AM
You going to have to search it sorry

Gosh. Thanks for the help. You're a real asset to the forum.:facepalm:

Lucas_R
30-05-2013, 12:20 PM
Link to info please? I wasn't aware of this.

Ive read a few instances recently of it happening on the 2.0TSI engines Brad. Both on this forum, "the other" Golf forum and also on Vortex. It seems to be only on the current 2.0TSI.

Some links ive found quickly below:

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f112/new-intake-manifold-flap-issue-83245.html

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f97/intake-manifold-flap-position-sensor-error-86267.html

brad
30-05-2013, 12:29 PM
Thx Lucas

passat08
30-05-2013, 04:44 PM
I am on a phone not in front of a computer sorry.

mmmRacer
30-05-2013, 08:14 PM
Just like to say that as a Fabia owner for 3 months now I am still very happy with more purchase. Yes I have been to a dealer twice for a oil top up and can only say that the dealer has been very understanding and topped it up free of charge each time. Other then the oil usage from the VOLKSWAGEN engine it is a car I would highly recommend. To be honest I don't think you will find a unhappy Skoda owner.

BrashDaniels
31-05-2013, 07:59 AM
Yeah. What he said. I bought 6 litres of oil on special when I bought my Fabia because of the stories I had heard.

I've only used 1 litre in 9000km, but i saved 90 dollars on my 15000 service by telling VW to use the rest on the oil change.

My Fabia is the best car I have ever owned. period.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD

brad
31-05-2013, 02:40 PM
Just like to say that as a Fabia owner for 3 months now I am still very happy with more purchase. Yes I have been to a dealer twice for a oil top up and can only say that the dealer has been very understanding and topped it up free of charge each time. Other then the oil usage from the VOLKSWAGEN engine it is a car I would highly recommend. To be honest I don't think you will find a unhappy Skoda owner.

Hey! You're from my neck of the woods. I'm in Carss Park. If you see a red pre-fl Octavia hatch with a tellytubbie on the grill give me a wave / flash headlights / honk.

muli
31-05-2013, 05:33 PM
How much is the asking price if you dont mind me asking?

mmmRacer
31-05-2013, 08:08 PM
Hey! You're from my neck of the woods. I'm in Carss Park. If you see a red pre-fl Octavia hatch with a tellytubbie on the grill give me a wave / flash headlights / honk.

Will do, can't say l have seen you yet. I drive past Carss Park nearly everyday. So it is only a matter of time. Until they sale the other 2 blue Fabia vrs wagons at Rockdale i should be the only one around.

mmmRacer
31-05-2013, 08:10 PM
How much is the asking price if you dont mind me asking?

If you like to haggle you should be able to pic up a vrs for 25k.

muli
31-05-2013, 10:03 PM
If you like to haggle you should be able to pic up a vrs for 25k.

Im just curious about secondhand prices, we got a brand new wagon for 26k.
There is plenty new or demo hatches from 22.9k to 25k so a 2011 should be anywhere between 18-20k?

mmmRacer
31-05-2013, 11:13 PM
Im just curious about secondhand prices, we got a brand new wagon for 26k.
There is plenty new or demo hatches from 22.9k to 25k so a 2011 should be anywhere between 18-20k?

There are maybe only 10,000 modern Skoda's in Australia so there are not so many on the second hand market. It sounds like you got a good deal anyway. However there might be a few second hand cars around when the 2014 model arrives, but it will most likely not be as powerful.

Rubbadub
31-05-2013, 11:32 PM
What's puzzling me is how someone is finding a 2011 vRS given the model was only introduced in 2012.:confused: