PDA

View Full Version : New Beetle - Exhaust Emission Light on?

MISS VDUB
17-05-2013, 10:35 PM
Hey Guys,

We need some help. My Dad has just bought my mum a 2007 New Beetle from Sydney (they are in Perth). Whilst on a quick business trip Dad picked it up to drive around, has parked it up and they are going back on Sunday to pick it up and drive it back to Perth.

Here's the issue Dad has that he wanted me to ask you all about...

The driveway from the hotel basement carpark was very steep. He had to get a run up to get up and when he got to the top it bottomed out on a speed hump. He thinks the exhaust pipe probably took the impact and now the exhaust emission light is on.

As they pick it up early Sunday morning no one will be open to diagnose the issue, is there something he can look at to fix the issue or at least ensure nothing worse develops?

Much appreciated!

Cheers,
Ash

h100vw
17-05-2013, 10:43 PM
Hey Guys,

We need some help. My Dad has just bought my mum a 2007 New Beetle from Sydney (they are in Perth). Whilst on a quick business trip Dad picked it up to drive around, has parked it up and they are going back on Sunday to pick it up and drive it back to Perth.

Here's the issue Dad has that he wanted me to ask you all about...

The driveway from the hotel basement carpark was very steep. He had to get a run up to get up and when he got to the top it bottomed out on a speed hump. He thinks the exhaust pipe probably took the impact and now the exhaust emission light is on.

As they pick it up early Sunday morning no one will be open to diagnose the issue, is there something he can look at to fix the issue or at least ensure nothing worse develops?

Much appreciated!

Cheers,
Ash

Only thing I can think of, if the exhaust got shoved hard enough up into the body a lambda probe might have got broken?

I'd be joining the RACQ/NSW/V/NT/TAS/WA or whatever and get one of their blokes out to look.

It wouldn't be clever to drive that far with it broken.

Gavin

vdubmotorworx
18-05-2013, 11:16 AM
agree.. ifs its been hit hard enough it could have damaged the lambda probe.. but also the jolt could have just knocked something else loose not related... only problem with RACQ etc is they seem just to tow it to a dealer.. might be better to delay the trip until you can get it looked at by a vw garage ...VDUB...