PDA

View Full Version : Whistling wind between the doors and the mirrors

Scratchyratface
10-05-2013, 12:32 PM
I didn't get this with the Golf but the Rocco develops a whistling noise which is noticeable when I have the window down, it's coming from the gap between the door and the mirror, if I put my hand there the whistle stops. The noise only appears for speeds over 60kmph. Not the worst thing in the world but it is a bit annoying when you have the windows down. Is this a common thing? Not really sure how to fix it - apart from having my hand there everytime! :)

vdubmotorworx
10-05-2013, 12:47 PM
same happens on a T5 transporters.. windows down you can hear a whistle... put the mirror in and the noise goes... noise cant be heard with the window up.. may be another owner can try theres to see if its the same...VDUB...

Hillbilly
10-05-2013, 12:55 PM
As i have the aircon on all the time I always have the windows up No sense in trying to cool the whole neighbourhood.

Only stuffs the aircon.

sc77
11-05-2013, 09:14 PM
I had the same issue around a year ago. Took it to the dealer and they fixed it. Dealer said it was fairly common and something to do with mirror seals. They apparently pulled the mirror apart and resealed it. No whistle since.

Scratchyratface
12-05-2013, 09:17 AM
thanks for the responses guys, will run it by the dealer.

kazmeyers
12-05-2013, 06:12 PM
Yeah, can't say I've heard this before in my car. Good luck with getting it sorted!