PDA

View Full Version : Auto Lights - Sensor Light Level Setting with VCDS???

tigger73
26-04-2013, 12:01 PM
I'm not sure where this topic fits but I've noticed recently that my light sensor takes forever to turn my headlights on. It has to be almost pitch black before it turns the headlights on.

Now that daylight savings has finished I'm finding myself driving home in twilight and would really like the lights to go on sooner.

I've cleaned the windscreen over the top of the sensors and see if that fixes things but if this doesn't work I was wondering if there are any VCDS tweaks for setting the sensor level?

Buckets
26-04-2013, 12:17 PM
From memory tigger there is a setting available....can't remember if it is in Central Electronics or listed under RLS (which is a sub-menu in Central Electronics). If you have a cable you could have a look, if not let me know and I will check my Jetta and see if there is any tweaking allowed.

mr gee
26-04-2013, 07:32 PM
Adjusting operation of the RegenLichtSens (Rain Light Sensor) | my-gti.com (http://www.my-gti.com/2591/adjusting-operation-of-the-regenlichtsens-rain-light-sensor)

The_Hawk
01-05-2013, 09:20 AM
I have the opposite problem with the lights seeming to come on too early, sometimes in full daylight. Yep cleaned it and it doesn't seem to have made a difference. On the flip side, while the wipers work, it seems half the time they are not sensitive enough yet the other half they are too sensitive and just wont stop wiping :P (The Van has auto wipers which seem to work exactly as I expect they should so I have a point of reference).

In my case maybe it's time to take it into the dealer to see what they have to say.

Hillbilly
01-05-2013, 10:24 AM
I have the opposite problem with the lights seeming to come on too early, sometimes in full daylight. Yep cleaned it and it doesn't seem to have made a difference. On the flip side, while the wipers work, it seems half the time they are not sensitive enough yet the other half they are too sensitive and just wont stop wiping :P (The Van has auto wipers which seem to work exactly as I expect they should so I have a point of reference).

In my case maybe it's time to take it into the dealer to see what they have to say.

Auto Wipers

Dont know about yours but the Passat has a little adjuster on the top of the wiper stalk with markings like a volume control in front of it Right is more sensitive left is less Works good on mine. You have to push the stalk up one knick to activate them

dArK5HaD0w
01-05-2013, 09:09 PM
Auto Wipers
Dont know about yours but the Passat has a little adjuster on the top of the wiper stalk with markings like a volume control in front of it Right is more sensitive left is less Works good on mine. You have to push the stalk up one knick to activate them

this is wat it looks like (on the octavia)......
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/05/45795_455495113133_678803133_6300535_744-1.jpg

i have mine set in the middle.

Hillbilly
01-05-2013, 09:28 PM
this is wat it looks like (on the octavia)......
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/05/45795_455495113133_678803133_6300535_744-1.jpg

i have mine set in the middle.

That picture if set on mine would be quite insensitive