PDA

View Full Version : Window fallen in...

QLDGTI
15-09-2007, 10:41 AM
:( Hi all - my wife was driving the 03 MkIV GTI yesterday, went to open the drivers side window and it fell through into the casing. The actual window inside doesnt sound broken but rattles inside...

I thought the plastic clips were replaced on all MKIV's post 2002?

The actual driver/motor sounds fine inside and goes up and down when using the button.

Any thoughts on how to fix? Any threads on here on how to take off the door panel with normal household tools?

Also - here in Brisbane - who are cheaper than Austral to get things like this tweaked?

Thanks and cheers

QLD GTI

quozl
15-09-2007, 12:16 PM
:( Hi all - my wife was driving the 03 MkIV GTI yesterday, went to open the drivers side window and it fell through into the casing. The actual window inside doesnt sound broken but rattles inside...

I thought the plastic clips were replaced on all MKIV's post 2002?

Any thoughts on how to fix? Any threads on here on how to take off the door panel with normal household tools?

Also - here in Brisbane - who are cheaper than Austral to get things like this tweaked?

Thanks and cheers

QLD GTI

Window regulator has failed by the sounds of things. On the North Side go and see Lawrence at German Autos in Geebung.

German Autos
20 Fortune St
Geebung Brisbane Qld
Ph 3865 5457

BTW I have some personalised GTI plates for sale if your interested.

Cheers Al

QLDGTI
15-09-2007, 12:52 PM
Window regulator has failed by the sounds of things. On the North Side go and see Lawrence at German Autos in Geebung.

German Autos
20 Fortune St
Geebung Brisbane Qld
Ph 3865 5457

BTW I have some personalised GTI plates for sale if your interested.

Cheers Al

Thanks for this. Do you have anyone on the Southside. whats the mob at sumner park like?

Also - the motor inside sounds fine and works both up and down...

Cheers

quozl
15-09-2007, 01:29 PM
Thanks for this. Do you have anyone on the Southside. whats the mob at sumner park like?

Also - the motor inside sounds fine and works both up and down...

Cheers

Nope sry I live on the North side, Guy might know someone and chime in.

Cheers Al

BL33SU
15-09-2007, 01:34 PM
my back window is shaking n stuff and sounds like its gonna go soon. are they just clips or screws?