PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Car

Sean380
19-04-2013, 01:57 PM
Hi All

I am looking for a used Scirroco, currently considering to on Carsales.

1) A Green DSG Car at North Shore VW Sydney. I really want a DSG car (had a DSG GTi back in 06) the colour is the concern. Personally I don't it, just don't want it to become a problem at resale time
2) A White Manual car private sale, almost the ideal car, it it was DSG and black wheels I would be buying.

So questions:-

It appears that most people prefer DSG as 80% of cars are DSG. Any opinions?

Also will green become an issue later on??

Cheers Sean

RoccoR
19-04-2013, 02:00 PM
I Would sell you mine as it has all the requirements ur after, but I have to hold on to it for another year before I upgrade. Looking at getting the new Mercedes A45 AMG. Just wait out a bit. I'm sure u will come across one that you're after.

Ryan_R
19-04-2013, 03:09 PM
I wouldn't pick green either myself, but I've seen a few green ones out there and I think it's the signature colour for that model so I don't think resale will be too bad just because of that.

Dutch77
19-04-2013, 03:24 PM
I think resale might be a bit of an issue.. I don't mind the green, agree that it kind of is the signature color (or maybe because the press cars seemed to be mainly green and I just got used to seeing writeups with it in there), but would I buy one myself - no.

Bain
20-04-2013, 09:56 AM
Hi All

I am looking for a used Scirroco, currently considering to on Carsales.

1) A Green DSG Car at North Shore VW Sydney. I really want a DSG car (had a DSG GTi back in 06) the colour is the concern. Personally I don't it, just don't want it to become a problem at resale time
2) A White Manual car private sale, almost the ideal car, it it was DSG and black wheels I would be buying.

So questions:-

It appears that most people prefer DSG as 80% of cars are DSG. Any opinions?

Also will green become an issue later on??

Cheers Sean
Both of those cars dont meet your requirements
Car 1 - you dont like the green
Car 2 - not DSG

Why are you even considering them?

Keep looking, they will start to appear next year when a bunch of us change out our leases.

Sean380
20-04-2013, 05:44 PM
Both of those cars dont meet your requirements
Car 1 - you dont like the green
Car 2 - not DSG

Why are you even considering them?

Keep looking, they will start to appear next year when a bunch of us change out our leases.

Well waiting a year is not an option, I need a car now. Will try the dealers see what deal I can get. I have the money in my pocket and also need a Touareg for the wife.

Bain
21-04-2013, 07:38 PM
You could always get the green and get it vinyl wrapped which seems to be the current trend at the moment. Theres also some cool colours out there too!

RRRRIT
21-04-2013, 08:49 PM
i would sell you mine,2011 ex demo model(blue,dsg),got it at around 4600 in september last yr its now on over 8200,looking at getting an evo instead as wanting to track it also but im in victoria.

Sean380
22-04-2013, 08:55 AM
My Lotus Exige should be gone this week. At the moment the white manual car is favourite, but anything can change....

noone
22-04-2013, 09:01 AM
Lot of money for a FWD car.

Sean380
26-04-2013, 12:27 PM
Well I bought a car. Got a grey car, black wheels, sat nav and dynaudio 9000k on the clock for $44000 drive away. Including next service for free.

Think I got a pretty good deal and I am really happy with car.

Just need to get the fronts tinted, and maybe lowered.

Couple of questions:-

1) anyone recommend a boot liner ?
2) is it easy to retro fit a reversing camera?

Cheers Sean

Ryan_R
26-04-2013, 12:43 PM
If you're handy with wiring and have access to VCDS it's relatively easy, but not for everyone.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4fMkgZMMU0uS2E3ZjlySVBnd2c/edit

Andych
26-04-2013, 01:27 PM
is it easy to retro fit a reversing camera?

Cheers Sean

The hardest part with installing a RVC is the amount of trim you need to pull off to run the cables... plus being comfortable with cutting a hole in your rear bumper... but it is a very worthwhile addition.
There is a thread on it if you are interested... http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f48/scirocco-r-modifications-rvc-info-64617.html

Ryan_R
26-04-2013, 02:37 PM
I'm always forgetting to check which forum section these types of questions are posted in :P