PDA

View Full Version : Oil Leak coming from pipe on Turbo - New Superb

Shakey
15-04-2013, 09:43 PM
Hi Gents & Ladies.

Putting my 8,000 Km Skoda Superb in tomorrow to have a serious oil leak fixed. A substantial amount of oil covering the bottom engine stone tray. First picked up by Lube Mobile who changed my oil at 7,500 Ks. (The mechanic was a 30 year vet with VW's and told me he'd find a leak even before he got his tools out)

Took the car back to the dealer (Which are starting to wain in Melbourne). They were not interested in looking at vehicle straight away, in fact gave me the cold shoulder treatment. Wanted to book me in for a repair nearly 10 or 11 days down the track. So I said to the technician. "No problems...just give me one of your business cards with your name on it...sign and date the card and I'll leave". He said, "Why do you want me to do this?" I said, "Well tomorrow I'm driving up the Hume Highway, I might even give it a good run on the straights just to clean it out. I want your name so that I can inform Mr SKODA who I spoke to when the engine or turbo blows up through lack of oil. He may want to garnish your salary" He said, "Just wait one minute....I'm sure I can find a spare Skoda Technician here somewhere"

So it turns out it's a pipe coming off the turbo that has split. Has anyone had this problem before. The Skoda mechanic said VW Passat's are renoun for this problem.

Will all be fixed under warranty of course!