PDA

View Full Version : Warranty

Albervin
05-04-2013, 03:51 PM
I have just had a rear light cluster replaced under warranty due to water ingress. Simple, no questions asked, no argument. It took 2 weeks from the dealer taking a photo to fitting a new light. It was done while I waited and I was served a nice cappuccino too. The service manager said they get fewer claims for Skodas (in relative terms) than any other VAG car. The worst offender? VW Golf followed by Audi Q5. What are your experiences with warranty claims?

ian
05-04-2013, 03:57 PM
I have just had a rear light cluster replaced under warranty due to water ingress. Simple, no questions asked, no argument. It took 2 weeks from the dealer taking a photo to fitting a new light. It was done while I waited and I was served a nice cappuccino too. The service manager said they get fewer claims for Skodas (in relative terms) than any other VAG car. The worst offender? VW Golf followed by Audi Q5. What are your experiences with warranty claims?

I had the clear coat peels off one of the Alloy wheels and it was replaced with out any hassle, also had the DSG replaced.

Hillbilly
05-04-2013, 06:13 PM

Maye if its a left hand one the guy in the thread "backed into a ute " may like to talk to you LOL

2009fsi
05-04-2013, 11:27 PM
I only had one issue during my warranty; the central display unit lost some pixels on the left side, which effected the display in reversing mode. Dealer confirmed & Skoda replaced the full Bolero unit without question.
My only complaint during warranty was about the dealer, similar to the one that woman highlighted on Facebook recently; Being charged for work not done & unnecessary work.
I get my car serviced by an independent mechanic of long established reputation now. The cost is about 40% of what the Skoda/VW dealer charges. That's not unique to Skoda though. The official Ford dealers were exactly the same over all the years I drove Fords.