PDA

View Full Version : couple of questions/problems with my R…

Muri777
04-04-2013, 09:57 PM
so recently took delivery of my cw my13 R in dsg with satnav, beautiful piece of engineering.

couple of problems:

- front suspension has a clicking noise when i go over speedhumps and stuff.. noticeable sound and feeling.. any ideas?

- when you take the keys out and both windows come down a little so you can open the doors, my passenger window squeaks so loudly, is it just a cleaning issue??

- 4 weeks after taking delivery, i was at maccas and some douchebag reversed into my cars front left (i watched it happen) so i ran over there and almost had an aneurism as the guy didn't give me his details, cops finally came and he handed it over. my question is; as a result the headlight has been pushed in a little and the lights don't sit straight (left headlight shines like 30cm lower than the right one) how do i do these adjustments? I'm getting the front bar resprayed because its cracked from the guy who ran into me so i need to do the headlight adjustment myself.. i heard its the little white torx screw looking thing, is that coronet?

- also, squeaky windscreen wipers, lol?

thats all i think, sometimes there are random squeals but other than that its just those mentioned above… any help would be greatly appreciated so thanks in advanced any sorry for any stupid questions…. cheers (:

shinygti
04-04-2013, 10:33 PM
Best bet is take it back to the dealer for the suspension noise there maybe something loose or not quite right. As for the light I am not sure how to adjust them sorry but someone on here must know.

kazmeyers
05-04-2013, 10:12 AM
I would go to the dealer for both the suspension noise and window squeaking. Noises that aren't normal in a car would drive me crazy :S

You can manually adjust the height of each headlamp with a torx screw. These are just above each headlamp cluster in the engine bay. I forgot which size (torx), exactly, but I can ask my friend tonight to bring out the one I borrowed last time. I had to raise both mine because they were very low from factory and didn't give me much distance when driving at night... at somewhat fast speeds maybe. >>

Sucks that someone drove into your car, though. >< But it was lucky you saw it happen.

Let us know how it goes! :)

Lucas_R
05-04-2013, 01:55 PM
Front suspension - make sure the dealership removed the factory plastic/rubber spacers that are installed at the factory. It happens more often that you would think that the spacers are not removed (the spacers raise the car up a bit so that there is less chance of it scraping the front bumper goin on and off trucks etc). The spacers are normally a bright colour so they are quite obvious.

Front window squeaking - there might be a rock or some debris in there thats scraping on the window.

Headlights - as advised above, you can adjust them via 2 plastic adjusters on each headlight. One is white and the other is grey from memory. One adjusts the up/down and the other adjusts left/right.

Squeaky wipers - this has been reported quite often on the Rocco's. You probably have some stuf on your windscreen from the factory that is rough and causing the wiper blades to catch and squeak. If you have a clay bar i would suggest clay barring your windscreen. If you dont have a clay bar, use polish or wax to polish the windscreen.