PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some of the following...

qsilverza
12-09-2007, 12:29 PM
Looking for some of the following,

Window Regulator clips, I phoned VW and they said I had to buy the whole window regulator !!! 120$ worth of it. I want to do this as a pre-cautionary measure.

LED replacements for running lights, not sure of the size?

Passat W8 console ?

Interior LED lights, want to some in the door handles and replace the main interiors. Also wanted to do some ambient lighting in the foot wells.

Metal Pedals for manual and the side foot rests.

Where could I start looking for R32 seats and will they fit ? (Are the seats in the V6 4motion Recaro's ?)

Has anyone fitted the Potenza RE050A's ? Are they worth the money ?

Thanks

peedman
12-09-2007, 03:51 PM
You've got a bora i assume?

What do u mean by regulator clips, is it the metal part with rubber that holds onto the glass you are talking about? Regulators can be cheaper if u either go 2nd hand or get them from the US for my mk3 it was ~$70 AUD each inc shipping.

As for LED stuff this guy is reputable from what ive heard: http://search.ebay.com.au/_W0QQsassZwarden_jp2002

For heater console lighting etc. no idea whether its just a straight swap as i know the mk3 ones are a bit of a hassle changing. Maybe someone else can chime in.

qsilverza
13-09-2007, 09:36 AM
I mean the plastic part that holds the window, which just snaps letting the window drop into the door.

I believe it isn't a difficult swap, I am just wondering where the best place would be to get all of this stuff so as to save on money for shipping (If it has to be from the U.S.)

Another thing I am looking for is how to convert my alarm into shock and movement sensors... anyone ?

You've got a bora i assume?

What do u mean by regulator clips, is it the metal part with rubber that holds onto the glass you are talking about? Regulators can be cheaper if u either go 2nd hand or get them from the US for my mk3 it was ~$70 AUD each inc shipping.

As for LED stuff this guy is reputable from what ive heard: http://search.ebay.com.au/_W0QQsassZwarden_jp2002

For heater console lighting etc. no idea whether its just a straight swap as i know the mk3 ones are a bit of a hassle changing. Maybe someone else can chime in.

gpk_gti
13-09-2007, 09:40 AM
changing the clips is easy,vw now have the metal ones.changing the wire thingys that make the window go up and down is not fun!!:mad: