PDA

View Full Version : Displaying Images on our Forum

Rednut
01-06-2005, 03:53 PM
Hi All,

Want to learn how display your photos on the forum?

!!!ITS FREE!!!

1. head to --> www.xs.to <--

2. half way down the page will be an empty field labelled upload with a browse... button next to it. Hit Browse... and find the photo u want to add. Click ok and hit the Upload! button.

3. once its done uploading onto the xs website(pending how big the file is And your connection speed) you'll next want to know how to actually add it to the forum. click the yourcodes&thumbnails

4. you should now be able to see the photo you've uploaded with alot of other jibberish on the page.

5. now for the grand finale! - copy and paste the forum code
[b] to your post that you want to add. Whether it be a thumbnail(tiny image of the..image) that links to the full sized image(opens the image in a new window) or alternatively, you can embed the full size image onto your post( for the lazys :) )

finemk1
01-07-2005, 07:23 PM
gday, ,i have put pictures on the site but now i cant because my computer dosnt reconise my usb device any more, this only happened after we had our comp serviced, do u have the knowledge or know of a product i can download to act as the driver to capture pictures through usb, as i have lost my original software that came with the camera. ive checked on the web but im sorta out of options and found nothing

boo
11-09-2005, 06:05 PM
Hey guys

how do i post a video on the site, its too good not to show the guys

rob

imported_brackie
12-09-2005, 06:43 AM
Our server doesn't support videos. This is because the files are too large and our server space is limited. The best way to do it is to upload the video into your own web space (your ISP will have allocated you space on their server as part of your internet deal) and then put a link to it on the forum. That way people can click the link and watch the video.

vinderliker
06-03-2006, 10:37 AM
Sorry for my ignorance, but where do I find the forum code?

Golf Loon
06-03-2006, 04:55 PM
Forum code is in xs.to after you have uploaded your pics.

http://picsplace.to/index.php

this is the new on I`m using,, more stable than xs and even easier to use.
If the pics exist on your harddrive, simple goto the above link, use browse to find your file and then highlight the bit that says forum code, using control and c and then paste into your post using control and v.

Clear as mud I hope. Good luck :roll:

16valvertwin45s
23-04-2006, 12:23 PM
using picsplace i'm now managing to upload my pics but only can paste address into message please help me i'm crap

imported_brackie
23-04-2006, 12:29 PM
Use the tag, put the full address of the image after it and close with No spaces! This is an example WITH spaces (for yours, leave them out).
http://wherever.com/myimages/golf.jpg

worm
23-04-2006, 04:16 PM
If you would like to upload movies, you can do so at:

www.putfile.com

Its free hosting, but limited size. Then chuck the link on here and we can all watch your shenanigans :P

jaffa
02-06-2006, 10:44 AM
Having trouble using that site. When I click upload it just crashes

joshyd-mk2gti
02-06-2006, 11:11 AM
www.photobucket.com is what i use. its simple and you can link straight to the picture.

Spinifex
28-02-2021, 04:04 PM
Resurrecting an old thread here.... but how do users upload images to their posts on here, eg: For Sale threads?

Photobucket is no-longer free for hosting, the "xs" site listed in this thread doesn't seem to have anywhere for users to upload images or to create an account, and tinypic no-longer exists.

I've used several other forums in the past that allow users to upload images directly from their computer, within the forum itself (up to a max file-size)...... why can't we do this here?

The_Hawk
28-02-2021, 04:52 PM
Up at the top of the forum there is a link to the uploader... It's not integrated, but it's very simple to use and works a little like photobucket and provides a forum link for you.

If you hit the dropdown on preferences it will even resize on the fly (which is well worth while doing).

Images not viewed in 30 days are automatically dropped, although any images posted to a thread are automatically retained within the thread itself to maintain the integrity into the future.

VWWatercooled Images < - (http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/vwimages)

Hillbilly
28-02-2021, 08:58 PM
Resurrecting an old thread here.... but how do users upload images to their posts on here, eg: For Sale threads?

Photobucket is no-longer free for hosting, the "xs" site listed in this thread doesn't seem to have anywhere for users to upload images or to create an account, and tinypic no-longer exists.

I've used several other forums in the past that allow users to upload images directly from their computer, within the forum itself (up to a max file-size)...... why can't we do this here?

You can always got to GO ADVANCED at the bottom of your reply and add attachments like photos from there. Been doing it for years with that Like this