PDA

View Full Version : Email notifications

Hillbilly
28-03-2013, 09:36 PM
These seem to take a couple of hours to come through ATM is this normal.
Some are even longer.

HaydEn
28-03-2013, 10:02 PM
Yes. Mine is like this also

The_Hawk
29-03-2013, 07:31 AM
No, it's not supposed to take hours. I'll add that to my list of things to look into.

Hillbilly
01-04-2013, 05:54 PM
Has stopped altogether today Have used the forum numerous times since 0830am and not had an email all day

Hillbilly
03-04-2013, 05:59 PM
Still not working at all today

The_Hawk
05-04-2013, 09:20 PM
I'm still working on it and have spent a crazy amount of time trying to fix it.

Strangely registration emails seem to be sending instantly as do diagnostic emails, yet notification of PM or new thread emails are being delayed or not sent at all. I just got some notifications for "new" threads that were posted on the 3rd of April :S

For the moment notifications can be checked manually here:

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/usercp.php

or if you are using Tapatalk they seem to be coming through instantly.

I'll keep you updated, but for the moment it's still not resolved.

The_Hawk
05-04-2013, 10:20 PM
EDIT: UPDATE!!

Everyone should have just received all the backlog of notifications that were outstanding. It seems the system is setup to only send so many messages per hour so it's not seen as spamming and for some reason there was a massive amount of notifications clogging things up.

A quick kick to manually force it to catch up and things appear to be back running as they should again. Please let me know if you are seeing anything strange.

tonymy01
06-04-2013, 10:09 AM
was wondering what had happened, yesterday got a bunch of notifications and went to threads and saw the posts the notifications were for were days old. also missed out on a PM I had a couple of days ago, then everything flooded in.. Hehe.

h100vw
06-04-2013, 10:53 AM
I got a few old ones this morning but they are coming through pretty quick now. PM from LA about some wheels I advertised last year? WTF. :)