PDA

View Full Version : VW Rural Roadshow

dancet
11-09-2007, 06:33 PM
I know there is a thread on this here: http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=7789 but as I checked this out in my town today and I'm a mk4 GTi owner I thought I'd post up about it here.

I live in Townsville, so yesterday and today the roadshow was here. I made a booking on the website on Sunday night for a test drive of the R32 and got a call on Monday to confirm a time for a test drive on Tuesday. Rocked up, ogled all the VW's I don't normally see at the dealer for a while, then signed some insurance papers before going for a spin in the R32.

Wow, I am in love with that car. So smooth, so sexy inside, brilliant! The general manager of servicing for QLD and some of NSW for VW was my passenger and I must say, he was super nice. His name was Tom. Didn't try and sell me the car or size me up by asking what I do or any of that crap, which I really appreciated. I was very pleased that I wasn't having contracts or brochures shoved in front of me after driving it also, two huge thumbs up for VW there.

If anyone living in a rural area has the roadshow coming to their town, I would highly recommend making a booking for a test drive. The people were all great and you can test drive any car in the range, including the commercial vehicles.

It was a little bit of a downer having to drive my mk4 back to work after the R32, but I'll get over it...eventually :)

99gti
11-09-2007, 10:25 PM
Bugger. I might have to go and pay my folks out in Camden, NSW a visit as I don't think St Kilda qualifys as rural. But then again, loon will probably be hoggin all the cars j:

qsilverza
12-09-2007, 09:12 AM
yeh damn it, I should go and test-drive an R32 :)