PDA

View Full Version : Need help....

alphabeatsco
27-03-2013, 07:08 AM
Recently applied the horn confirmation blip mod, when locking the car. this has caused fault code, alarm horn defective. I tried to clear it, it keeps coming back. so reverted the change by putting the values back, but how do I test my alarm if it works? I sit in car, lock using remote, tried to open doors... It's locked... Can't open

stickshift3000
27-03-2013, 11:43 AM
To test the alarm, lock doors with the remote then open the driver's door with your key and wait 30 seconds. The alarm should go off.

The_Hawk
27-03-2013, 12:11 PM
Assuming your driving a newer model...

When you lock the doors of a VW, attempting to open them form the inside will unlock the door on the first pull, then open the door as normal on the second pull of the lever.

When you lock the car with a single press of the remote, it enters a deadlock mode (and the MFA likely says something to confirm that) which means you CANNOT unlock the car from the inside. The lever pull will not open the door. The idea is that if a thief smashes your windows, they still can't get in (or out again) without climbing in the window hole.

Pressing the button a second time will put the car into the normal lock mode where you can open from the inside. This is useful if you want to leave your girlfriend in the car but lock the doors while picking up the milk form the corner shop. If the car spontaneously bursts into flames she can get out ;)

Hopefully that makes sense.

alphabeatsco
27-03-2013, 12:25 PM
once I lock the car with remote... I pull the plastic bit off the handle. So I can unlock the car with keys... It won't open....If I turn the key... It actually opens the widow???

alphabeatsco
27-03-2013, 12:28 PM
This all seem to happen after I vagcom my car... I've reverted the values back to stock... Cos I took a screenshot of what it looks like originally... does it mean it should work the same way as factory??? Or is there a way to reset everything back to stock... After I vagcom

vdubmotorworx
27-03-2013, 12:58 PM
to test your cars "alarm" horn... easiest way is to get in the car and sit still if its got interior monitor sensors and have your hand near the bonnet pull. lock the car with the remote then wait "sitting still so you dont set off the motion sensors" then after 30 seconds the alarm should be set. then just pull the bonnet handle. if the bonnet switch is working the alarm should go off. if you get no sound but your indicators flash then u know the horns buggered.....

alphabeatsco
27-03-2013, 01:21 PM
When I lock the car, the red light flashes then keeps solid red. Is that normal. And then I turn the ignition on, it goes tick tock tick tock... I'm sure I didn't hear this before.... Btw it's not the fuel pump... All this only happened after vagcom... Can vagcom do damage like this? Causing fuses to blow...

alphabeatsco
27-03-2013, 08:07 PM
Thanks guys... Tested the alarm... Only flashes no audible sound... Alarm horn dead...

vdubmotorworx
27-03-2013, 08:11 PM
what car is it? Mk4 golf ? Is so the alarm horn is under the wiper panel if you want to replace it....... .VDUB.

alphabeatsco
28-03-2013, 08:13 AM
Thanks for ghat. It's mk6. I'm getting it replaced under aarrabty

Nuggos
09-04-2013, 09:33 PM
sure its not just a fuse?