PDA

View Full Version : Anyone willing to help in Melbourne west suburbs

hitman
26-03-2013, 08:43 PM
Hey guys,

I drive a facelifted 2010 Skoda Octavia 118TSi and after 2 dealer trips to try and get my DRL's, Cornering lights and speedo diag sweep done whike being serviced and for warranty stuff and them each time saying it has been done and it hasn't, then telling me I must mean the auto headlights and then that they can't do it, I contacted Skoda on Facebook and got called up and they advised they would investigate for me.

Well, VW Australia called me back today and advised that the technical department said my 118TSi is not optioned with the DRL's from the factory and that the globes are just there as it's easier than removing them. They also said that the wiring to the lights and the coding to the control module would not be there as well.

This is strange as I have seen them working on other Octavia 118's and thought most of the 118's in Oz were pretty much optioned the same. I am still thinking a VCDS investigation may be needed but I don't have the funds to buy a Ross-Tech cable.

I am here to ask if anyone here is in Melbourne's Western Suburbs (I live in Hillside) that is willing to help me out and see if they can in fact be turned on and also if anything else I don't know about can be turned on, like Coming & Leaving Home Lights via foglights.

Anyway, if you don't ask you don't get so that is me asking.

Cheers,
Jarrod

Buckets
26-03-2013, 09:25 PM
PM has been sent

hitman
27-03-2013, 07:31 PM
Good lookin out, you're a legend.