PDA

View Full Version : Engine Hesitating

davscer
20-03-2013, 07:16 AM
Hi again,

I have a 6N2 GTi AVY Engine. When engine is cold, I give the first gear and drive off, but it's having a cutting feeling... It will last for 1 minute or so. Its very light. When warm it doesnt happen. When engine is warm and at idle, the engine shakes and even when I try to pull over with the first gear, I rev it a bit and it feels sluggish and has a engine shaking feeling.

Hope that someone can understand the above...

Much help appreciated.

pontiff
20-03-2013, 09:55 PM
No vacuum leaks?

davscer
21-03-2013, 02:12 AM
Where are the Vacuum Pipes?

Thanks.

davscer
22-03-2013, 06:07 PM
How do I check for Vacuum Leaks? All it has is one hose from the brake servo to the inlet manifold and this hose seems to be fine. It has a valve too.

Should I replace it, maybe the Valve is stuck?

Thanks.

Jmac
22-03-2013, 08:41 PM
How is the catalyst, id suggest you take it to a tech and test the engine with a vac gauge before throwing more parts at it. At the same time be checking all the basics first, really have to , its such an open question where you might get lots of suggestions and get nowhere. Really needs the fundamentals tested. Then move to tier 2 diagnostics
My opinon
Cheers
Jmac

davscer
28-03-2013, 05:30 AM
Thanks for your reply. The CAT is fine. Will do a VAC Test. Will first replace the Vacuum hose from the Brake Servo which leads to the Intake Manifold. There was a recall on this hose.

If I still have this problem, I will do a VAC Test.

pontiff
28-03-2013, 03:38 PM
Thanks for your reply. The CAT is fine. Will do a VAC Test. Will first replace the Vacuum hose from the Brake Servo which leads to the Intake Manifold. There was a recall on this hose.

If I still have this problem, I will do a VAC Test.

Sorry i didnt get back to you, i didnt see the message, I know on the 6n1's they did change it mid way through their life as they went from a fixed piece of moulded plastic to a piece that then had rubber on each end to reduce the tendency for cracking. Pedal feel

davscer
11-04-2013, 09:37 PM
Thanks for your reply. I changed the Vacuum Hose from the brake servo to the inlet manifold. The old one had cracks in the pipe, it was blocked and the valve was stuck. Replaced it and it seems fine for now. Engine doesnt knock and doesnt shake anymore for now... I hope it will remain like this.

Thanks for the help.