PDA

View Full Version : Just placed an order

DoggieHowser
10-03-2013, 09:05 PM
OK. It wasn't me.

It was my father-in-law.

He got the 1.4Sport model in Singapore with the Equipment Pack.

The standard car comes with Park Assist, Parktronic Front/Rear, Adaptive Chassis Control and Vienna Leather with 8" Navigator Pro unit and 17" rims.

The Equipment Pack adds motorized driver's seat, sunroof and 18" 225 width rims/tyres and bixenon autoswivelling with LED DRL.

You don't want to know the price in Singapore.

He is trading in his Mk V GTI because it is getting on a bit and he doesn't need the added oomph these days but even so, it does get out of the lights pretty convincingly.

jessv3
10-03-2013, 09:54 PM
Nice, please post some pics up when he takes delivery...

DoggieHowser
10-03-2013, 11:05 PM
They said the car is expected to arrive in 1.5 months.

He chose black pearl with the dark red Vienna leather.

Dutch77
11-03-2013, 08:37 AM
I don't think I could choose that leather myself (and we probably won't get the choice too here anyway) but I am definitely keen to see some pics on how it turns out.

kaktusdigital
11-03-2013, 09:14 AM
OK. It wasn't me.

The standard car comes with Park Assist, Parktronic Front/Rear, Adaptive Chassis Control and Vienna Leather with 8" Navigator Pro unit and 17" rims.

Is it more common that more things come as standard in Asia? Getting all that gear as standard on the GTI in australia would be amazing!

DoggieHowser
11-03-2013, 12:34 PM
When I chose leather for my Tiguan in Australia, they seemed to indicate there was a choice of color. But I went for black. The other choice was a white / creamy finish I think.

alebonau
11-03-2013, 01:07 PM
wow striking colour choice ! never seen that on a golf but yeah would be a nice combo

DoggieHowser
11-03-2013, 01:16 PM
The red leather is called Marrakesh or something. I've seen something similar in Audis and BMWs. You can see that option in the Golf configurator in the VW UK site.

pologti18t
13-03-2013, 02:13 PM
I don't think I could choose that leather myself (and we probably won't get the choice too here anyway) but I am definitely keen to see some pics on how it turns out.

I am old enough to remember when the Commodore first came out you could get grey, blue, green, dark red and brown interiors.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/03/imagesqtbnANd9GcRSI44juMiuBJ64V16SJiKrqJ-1.jpg

The Marrakesh leather is the brown leather interior.

http://i643.photobucket.com/albums/uu151/glospete/Golf%20GT/vw-golf-mk7-19_v2.jpg

Dutch77
13-03-2013, 02:35 PM
I am old enough to remember when the Commodore first came out you could get grey, blue, green, dark red and brown interiors.

That was when luxury meant velour upholstery. :)

cktsi
13-03-2013, 08:28 PM

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/03/imagesqtbnANd9GcRSI44juMiuBJ64V16SJiKrqJ-1.jpg

The Marrakesh leather is the brown leather interior.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/

Ooh... Thats nice! Classy!!

dubstyle
12-04-2013, 10:10 AM
This is fun

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/#/new/golf-vii/configure/models/

GippsCC
25-04-2013, 12:42 PM
Ah velour! That brings back memories lol.

Fabric seats are more comfortable for Australian climate (unless you get forced ventilation seats) but are a pain to keep clean (unless you are a strict Nazi in the car). Leather needs only periodic maintenance to keep looking great well into the vehicle's lifecycle, and I think the Marrakesh leather looks very refined against the light and dark grey tones of the console and footwells.

Golf7
25-04-2013, 11:01 PM
The waiting time for the Golfs at the moment is about 1 week! Get them quick before they all go! Ohh and one more thing, I just saw a 77TSI MK6 Manual being sold for $17k!!! Brand NEW!

Davefonzi
10-05-2013, 09:35 AM
Hey, just wondering if any one who has just upgraded to the mk7 from the mk6. I'm looking to buy a 7tdi but the 6 is going out for 6k cheaper. Is it worth the extra cash?

stickshift3000
10-05-2013, 03:11 PM
Hey, just wondering if any one who has just upgraded to the mk7 from the mk6. I'm looking to buy a 7tdi but the 6 is going out for 6k cheaper. Is it worth the extra cash?

That's subjective to the value you place on a newer, better car, and the value you place on your income.

My head says no, but heart says yes....

team_v
10-05-2013, 03:32 PM
That's subjective to the value you place on a newer, better car, and the value you place on your income.

My head says no, but heart says yes....

I would say get the Mk6 if you plan on keeping the car longer than 3-5 years.

Davefonzi
10-05-2013, 06:25 PM
I would say get the Mk6 if you plan on keeping the car longer than 3-5 years.

Is that mainly from a resale point of view?

Davefonzi
12-05-2013, 08:05 AM
The waiting time for the Golfs at the moment is about 1 week! Get them quick before they all go! Ohh and one more thing, I just saw a 77TSI MK6 Manual being sold for $17k!!! Brand NEW!

I think I may have gone off topic. Sorry.
I have been told that the waiting period is around four months for the combo that I want. Which is sunroof and drive assist. If I wanted one or the other, the wait would be less. It's the combos at the moment which are taking time to get. Though it is nice to imagine that the car is being made just for me.

Davefonzi
26-05-2013, 09:53 AM
Ordered mine yesterday. 110 TDI with driver assist and sunroof. I have to wait till October though because of the sunroof.
I really wanted the sunroof. I figure this car is the last chance i'll get to let the wind blow though my hair before it becomes the wind blowing through my comb-over :)
So pumped though. Best car in the class IMO.

spikeyboy22
27-05-2013, 08:39 PM
Ordered mine yesterday. 110 TDI with driver assist and sunroof. I have to wait till October though because of the sunroof.
I really wanted the sunroof. I figure this car is the last chance i'll get to let the wind blow though my hair before it becomes the wind blowing through my comb-over :)
So pumped though. Best car in the class IMO.

I also purchased yesterday, sunroof and leather on the 110d, I am glad I don't have to wait only three weeks

Davefonzi
28-05-2013, 02:58 PM
Did u get the driver assist package?

spikeyboy22
28-05-2013, 06:59 PM
Did u get the driver assist package?

No did not get that, I drove a focus during a test drive, such a crazy experience I would not go there again...

Davefonzi
29-05-2013, 07:20 AM
I could take or leave the self parking function. What kind of man would admit that they need a car that parks itself :)
I did like the driving profiles that you get with the package but the parking deally is for the wifey. At least that's what I'm telling people.
What did u find bad about the Focus?

ChristopherJ
01-06-2013, 07:26 PM
Went with my brother to test drive a 90tsi Comfortline. Quite nice, too bad there price for my brothers Golf 5 and 6 combined wasn't higher, might have placed an order.