PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Caddy Fusebox Diagram?

skartua858
09-03-2013, 11:22 AM
my radio stopped working, and having a look at the harness loom with a multimeter, there isn't any power going to the radio.

I'm suspecting it's a fuse, as I also realised my auto power windows don't work either... could be the same fuse.

Does anyone have the fusebox diagram for this or can someone tell me what fuse is for the radio?

wai
09-03-2013, 08:10 PM
Try this link.

http://caddy2k.com/Caddydriversfusebox.pdf

Now here's something.

When fitted to a RHD vehicle, the fusebox is not mirrored about the centre of the vehicle, it is rotated 180 degrees so that the 3 row fuse section is numbered from the bottom right going left, then to the middle row and the top. The two row section starts numbering from 25 which is the bottom right going left and then back to the top row.

I hope you can follow. It's hard, but once you see the fuse positions numbered it will make sense.

Hillbilly
09-03-2013, 08:53 PM
Try this link.

http://caddy2k.com/Caddydriversfusebox.pdf

Now here's something.

When fitted to a RHD vehicle, the fusebox is not mirrored about the centre of the vehicle, it is rotated 180 degrees so that the 3 row fuse section is numbered from the bottom right going left, then to the middle row and the top. The two row section starts numbering from 25 which is the bottom right going left and then back to the top row.

I hope you can follow. It's hard, but once you see the fuse positions numbered it will make sense.

OT I know but do you have a link for Passat and Polo fuse layouts

Thanks

wai
10-03-2013, 06:37 AM
OT I know but do you have a link for Passat and Polo fuse layouts

Thanks

Unfortunately no. I needed the layout for my Caddy a while back and so had to do the hunting and then figure things out.

skartua858
11-03-2013, 10:37 PM
Thanks for that.

I'm still a little confused.

I checked the fuse for the radio (which I think the number it was), and it points out to a 10A fuse. Checked the fuse to see if there is a connection, and fuse seems to be fine.

Can you tell me what number the fuse is at that operates the radio? just to be sure, I checked the right one?

Also, if it does not end up being a fuse... then what else could the problem be?
The radio worked fine, and when tested for 12V on the harness, it showed me a result... but then I had the ignition on, and unplugged the radio harness from the radio whilst the ignition was on? this could have potentially shortened something out.... hoping it's just the fuse.

Could it be the relay?

wai
12-03-2013, 06:27 AM
It is a bit of a nightmare, and probably makes perfect sense to the persons who developed it :-)

The only other way to eliminate a fuse as the issue is to mark the position of each fuse, then take them out one at a time and test it. Then replace it with a working one if failed.

h100vw
12-03-2013, 06:51 AM
It is a bit of a nightmare, and probably makes perfect sense to the persons who developed it :-)

The only other way to eliminate a fuse as the issue is to mark the position of each fuse, then take them out one at a time and test it. Then replace it with a working one if failed.

I am going to stick my neck out here and wait to be corrected.

Does the radio work if you press the on button with no keys in the ignition?

Do the windows work at all? I don't think they are fused, they have reset-able circuit breakers.

I wonder if there's something gone wrong at the bottom of the ignition switch?

if you have auto-locking and unlocking, is that still working? Blows my theory if it does.

Gavin

Transporter
12-03-2013, 07:34 AM
It should be thehttp://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/03/aqe6ysav-1.jpg fuse 19 in the engine bay.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/03/gaqe6u9y-1.jpg

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

skartua858
12-03-2013, 10:29 AM

Exactly what I did. Took each fuse out and tested it for connection with a meter.... each fuse came back clear.
If VW had a diagram to tell you what each fuse is for, i could just replace the radio one and then eliminate that option if it isnt that.

h100vw,

Everything else works fine. Power windows are working now, auto lock working, no other issues besides no power to the radio.

Transporter,

Thanks, I'll replace F19 with a new fuse, and see if I get any luck... Fingers crossed.

skartua858
12-03-2013, 10:44 AM
Transporter... had a look at the F19 in the engine bay... it's a 30A fuse... where as the one you showed is a 15A. Also, the fuse diagram looks very different to my one.

I replaced it regardless, and still no luck.

Could it not be the fuse? What else could the problem potentially be?

h100vw
12-03-2013, 11:20 AM
Is there a fuse on the back of the radio. I have no idea if they have. Could be fused internally as well and may be cactus?

pretty sure there will be 2 power wires, one always live the other off the bottom of the ignition switch. This is why I asked if it comes on with the keys out if you hit the on/off. I imagine it's the same as my GTI/S3/A4 and will run for an hour with no keys.

Gavin

skartua858
12-03-2013, 01:30 PM
Is there a fuse on the back of the radio. I have no idea if they have. Could be fused internally as well and may be cactus?

pretty sure there will be 2 power wires, one always live the other off the bottom of the ignition switch. This is why I asked if it comes on with the keys out if you hit the on/off. I imagine it's the same as my GTI/S3/A4 and will run for an hour with no keys.

Gavin

You're right. There is a fuse at the back of the radio, but I'm not worried about that one.
There is also 2 power wires... one live as you said and the other is earth.

When I unplugged the radio for the first time, I had tested the live wire with a multi meter on voltage which came back with a result of 12+V.. which is fine..

Then, I plugged the radio in to make sure it all works.. it did.. but then forgetting to turn the ignition off, I unplugged the radio to neat up some of the wires in the back... this is when the problem occured.

Now, when I test the same wire which gave me a reading before of 12+V, it gives me a reading of 0V... which means something shorted out... :(

skartua858
12-03-2013, 01:44 PM
problem solved.

I unplugged the radio and traced the fuse to be F8 under the engine bay.
Fuse looked okay, but replaced it, and it now works.

Thank goodness it was just that.

h100vw
12-03-2013, 01:47 PM
problem solved.

I unplugged the radio and traced the fuse to be F8 under the engine bay.
Fuse looked okay, but replaced it, and it now works.

Thank goodness it was just that.

Are you referring to one at the battery?

Gavin

skartua858
12-03-2013, 02:06 PM
Are you referring to one at the battery?

Gavin

Yep. Fuse box next to the battery.

I'm not sure why VW don't provide a fuse diagram for each vehicle.

h100vw
12-03-2013, 02:15 PM
Yep. Fuse box next to the battery.

I'm not sure why VW don't provide a fuse diagram for each vehicle.

They don't expect you to fix it yourself....... :)

skartua858
12-03-2013, 02:23 PM
They don't expect you to fix it yourself....... :)

this is true.