PDA

View Full Version : skoda fabia vrs

passat08
02-03-2013, 09:08 AM
Hey all looking at maybe trading in the vw lassat 08 tsi for the fabia. Just want to know has anyone modded theirs ie chip exhaust dump pipe etc and what performance they have gotten. At moment I have apr stage 1 on passat and carbonio air filter. Exhaust which have the dump pipe ready to go on.

gavs
02-03-2013, 09:14 AM
The Fabia is (drivetrain wise) identical to the Audi A1 and Polo GTI so have a look at figures being put up by owners with tunes from the likes of Viezu, APR and GIAC etc.

BrashDaniels
02-03-2013, 05:04 PM
Drive one stock first. It is awesome. Try BSR tuning in Sydney. Their website has a great run down on Stage 1 and Stage 2 mod packs.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD

passat08
02-03-2013, 06:05 PM
Have you done anything to yours yet?

SchuMi2
03-03-2013, 07:27 AM
BSR said they were not doing the tunes listed on their website when I was looking around. This might have change now though. I went with APR due to HQ being local.

passat08
03-03-2013, 07:40 AM
Have you got the tsi or diesel? You found better punch with apr? I have the apr stage 1 on passat wish could change to new car without paying lol

BrashDaniels
05-03-2013, 09:18 AM
Have you done anything to yours yet?

I'm old enough to be nervous about my warranty. I am sitting on it, learning about what's available from where and at what cost, maybe till the next service, to see what problems I might suffer. So far only one warning light and a leaky tyre valve.

Stock really does drive very well, and keeps up on happy laps with all but the serious tuners. I am happy, for now :) But will probably end up going with some sort of stage II experience, most likely from VA Garage or Carformance up here on the Gold Coast, subject to someone tempting me down to Sydney.

BrashDaniels
05-03-2013, 10:36 AM
The Fabia is (drivetrain wise) identical to the Audi A1 and Polo GTI so have a look at figures being put up by owners with tunes from the likes of Viezu, APR and GIAC etc.

This is the problem I have with researching modifications and tuning packages. No one seems to acknowledge the existence of the Fabia/Fabia RS 1.4 TSi, even by just adding, "Fabia is compatible with xx" Like Carfomance just says no parts available when their homepage says they do SKODA, APR much the same. Actually, Viezu too. They all SAY they do these tunes but no information is readily available.

If more consumer information was available, I might be more likely to spend my dollars.

BrashDaniels
05-03-2013, 10:40 AM
BSR said they were not doing the tunes listed on their website when I was looking around. This might have change now though. I went with APR due to HQ being local.

Thanks for the info there... but as I have said, this seems to be common. Many tuners say they do SKODA/Fabia tuning but when you reach out, sorry, no parts available, not available right now etc etc.

Maybe I should offer my car as a test build candidate in exchange for discount bits????? Worth a try :p

passat08
05-03-2013, 03:41 PM
That what I get aswell it annoying really we want to spend the money and do cars up and then they say no we can't yet. I thinking Apr would be the same as the gti tsi mods ie same stage upgrade that my understanding

Guy_H
05-03-2013, 05:27 PM
We have actually been in the process of modifying our website, and the Skoda section is coming along.

I can guarantee you we have modified dozens of Fabia's around the country.

APR Software, stage 1 & 2

VWR Lowering springs

HP Sway Bars, front & rear

HP Intercooler

Our polo GTI exhaust also fits, but the tailpipes also require modification.

There are pics of modified Fabia's on our facebook sites:

http://www.facebook.com/HardingPerformance/photos_stream

http://www.facebook.com/APRAustralia/photos_stream

Website should be done by the end of the month.

passat08
07-03-2013, 06:58 AM
Cant get those pictures to work. So with the apr stage one and two power is?

BrashDaniels
08-03-2013, 12:31 AM
Cant get those pictures to work. So with the apr stage one and two power is?

Looks like APR might get my business after all, seeing as these updates seem to be just the package I was coming around too.

Some plug in chips quote figures at stage 1 as high as 225 to 240 bhp (race chip, chip tuning 06) . Is APR not as high because they are going for all round quality in tuning rather than just pushing the numbers as high as they go?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

BrashDaniels
08-03-2013, 12:33 AM
We have actually been in the process of modifying our website, and the Skoda section is coming along.

I can guarantee you we have modified dozens of Fabia's around the country.

APR Software, stage 1 & 2

VWR Lowering springs

HP Sway Bars, front & rear

HP Intercooler

Our polo GTI exhaust also fits, but the tailpipes also require modification.

There are pics of modified Fabia's on our facebook sites:

http://www.facebook.com/HardingPerformance/photos_stream

http://www.facebook.com/APRAustralia/photos_stream

Website should be done by the end of the month.

Neither of those photo streams work for me either. Page not found.

Guy_H
08-03-2013, 11:51 AM
I think you have to be a facebook member to see the pics - we can all see them here.

Otherwise go to the main page & click on photo's:

http://www.facebook.com/HardingPerformance/

BrashDaniels
08-03-2013, 03:47 PM
I think you have to be a facebook member to see the pics - we can all see them here.

Otherwise go to the main page & click on photo's:

http://www.facebook.com/HardingPerformance/

I found the problem. The link from the photo stream doesn't work in mobile format, only in full desktop view.

Love the potential for a one stop shop. All the parts I was heavily interested in, under one roof.
Will there be / is there a straight up all in one tuning package price or just broken up into stage 1 and stage 2.

Wife ? Can I .....

team_v
08-03-2013, 03:51 PM
Looks like APR might get my business after all, setting add these updates seem to be just the package I was coming around too.

Some plug in chips quote figures at stage 1 as high as 225 to 240 bhp (race chip, chip tuning 06) . Is APR not as high because they are going for all round quality in tuning rather than just pushing the numbers as high as they go?

Peak figures don't really make that much difference.
You want to see a smooth power band and a nice wide torque curve to give you good power across the whole rev range.

APR does this for my Tiguan so i went with them.

BrashDaniels
08-03-2013, 03:59 PM
Peak figures don't really make that much difference.
You want to see a smooth power band and a nice wide torque curve to give you good power across the whole rev range.

APR does this for my Tiguan so i went with them.

Sounds like what I needed/ wanted to hear .

I laugh like a madman when I accelerate now. I'll need medication with stage 2 mods.