PDA

View Full Version : Fabia MK2 RS - Exhaust options...

belegur
28-02-2013, 10:09 PM
Hey all...

I'm currently researching options for an exhaust upgrade for the Fabia RS MK2.

What have people in Aus been doing in regards to this? I have a quote for the Milltek cat back system which is around $1300 fitted. Or the turbo back system for around $2400 fitted.

The cost of shipping these from the UK makes them pretty pricey... not to mention the turbo back requires a stage 2 remap. In a perfect world I'd do the remap and full system, but funds really don't allow it yet because I'm also looking into springs and sway bars.

I think I'd like a good cat back which can be upgraded to a turbo back later if I choose to do stage 2 remap. Anyone have any suggestions? Had a custom system fitted? Or an alternative to the Milltek?

Cheers!

BrashDaniels
28-02-2013, 10:27 PM
There's a Milltek dealer in Sydney. I'm pretty sure of that. But yes, still pricey. Have a look at BSR Tuning's website for their Stage 2 system to compare. Looks great on paper, but also in Sydney.

Seen the thread of the guy selling all his Fabia add-ons in the market place?

I haven't decided which way I will go yet myself but Milltek gets lots of thumbs up online.

Edit: Rennenhaus that was the place I was thinking of.
Dora Creek.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD

belegur
28-02-2013, 11:15 PM
There's a Milltek dealer in Sydney. I'm pretty sure of that. But yes, still pricey. Have a look at BSR Tuning's website for their Stage 2 system to compare. Looks great on paper, but also in Sydney.

Seen the thread of the guy selling all his Fabia add-ons in the market place?

I haven't decided which way I will go yet myself but Milltek gets lots of thumbs up online.

Edit: Rennenhaus that was the place I was thinking of.
Dora Creek.

Yeah, that's who I've been talking to. They're the only APR dealer up here, and probably the only Milltek one too. Pretty sure they're at Mayfield...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Lucas_R
01-03-2013, 06:22 AM
Yep Rennenhaus is now in Mayfield.

steveyoshi
12-03-2013, 09:18 PM
APR Polo GTI system is cheaper and locally made (I think)... The tailpipe coming out of the final muffler will need an angle adjustment though.

Lucas_R
18-04-2013, 01:02 PM
I just came across this product from UK brand Jetex while looking for something else - are there any Polo GTI / Fabia vRS owners on here using these downpipes and catbacks?

Polo GTI page with info & pics: Downpipe and race cat for a VW Polo 1.4 TSI 2010+ (http://www.jetex.co.uk/website/jetexexhausts_polo6r14tsi.php)

Fabia vRS page with info and pics: Downpipe and race cat for a Skoda Fabia II 1.4 TSI 2010+ (http://www.jetex.co.uk/website/jetexexhausts_fabiaII.php)

I know some of the MK6 Golf 118TSI owners have been searching for a while to find a down pipe option with no luck. Im unsure whether these Polo/Fabia options would suit them?

belegur
28-04-2013, 06:14 PM
I just came across this product from UK brand Jetex while looking for something else - are there any Polo GTI / Fabia vRS owners on here using these downpipes and catbacks?

Polo GTI page with info & pics: Downpipe and race cat for a VW Polo 1.4 TSI 2010+ (http://www.jetex.co.uk/website/jetexexhausts_polo6r14tsi.php)

Fabia vRS page with info and pics: Downpipe and race cat for a Skoda Fabia II 1.4 TSI 2010+ (http://www.jetex.co.uk/website/jetexexhausts_fabiaII.php)

I know some of the MK6 Golf 118TSI owners have been searching for a while to find a down pipe option with no luck. Im unsure whether these Polo/Fabia options would suit them?

Hey Lucas... Have you done an exhaust on yours? If so which way did you go? Full system or catback? Done much besides the APR tune?

Lucas_R
28-04-2013, 07:06 PM
Hey Lucas... Have you done an exhaust on yours? If so which way did you go? Full system or catback? Done much besides the APR tune?

Hey mate - i haven't got a Fabia/Polo. I just came across this Jetex brand while looking for a 118TSI down pipe to help some Golf 118TSI owners on another thread who were trying to find down pipes to fit their cars. Ive got a Golf R, my sig is a link to my build thread if your interested to see pics and see what ive tinkered with etc.

belegur
28-04-2013, 07:32 PM
Hey mate - i haven't got a Fabia/Polo. I just came across this Jetex brand while looking for a 118TSI down pipe to help some Golf 118TSI owners on another thread who were trying to find down pipes to fit their cars. Ive got a Golf R, my sig is a link to my build thread if your interested to see pics and see what ive tinkered with etc.

Yeah... I knew what your ride was :) I'll check out your thread!