PDA

View Full Version : VRS Purchase Advice

dening
24-02-2013, 02:50 PM
Hi All,

So I'm looking to move on from my current MkV 2.0 TDI Golf and get into a Fabia VRS.

I've found a Demo model with 6,000km on it which is now offered at 25000 on the road (they were trying to sell it to me at 28 at the end of December, anyway so the car has been hanging around).

It's pretty close to what I want but it has been registered since August so just wondering how much further people think I can push?

I think I should be able to get 8,500 trade in and then I think I'll just say give me a black grill and we're done.

But tempted to ask if the extended warranty can get put on too. Anyone had success doing this?

Thanks

Martin
24-02-2013, 04:13 PM
My car was 8 months old and they gave me the extended warranty
Ask for everything you can think of, you not going to get it all, but you will get a % of what you ask for
I've bought two ex demo cars at a $5k discount - with full/extended warranty
It really comes down to the dealer and their numbers, if they need and want to sell it, they will
(End of the month may be a better time - if they come up short on sales that month they will want to cut a deal)

The harder you push the more you will be ripped on the trade in - see if you have other options instead
Sounds like you have not discussed this with the dealer as yet

BrashDaniels
24-02-2013, 05:05 PM
Hmm.. maybe consider playing soft value against hard value? - Maybe giving you a better trade in might be too much hard cash for them but an extended warranty and maybe something like the grill and some other bits and pieces might cost them less but be worth more to you?

I paid I think 25700 for our ex demo (Gold Coast) with 3500 kms on the clock. The decals were on it and we kept them "free" of charge :p

dening
24-02-2013, 07:30 PM
Thanks for the advice guys.

I haven't had to go the trade-in route the last few times I've purchased so I'm not used to how that changes things.

But I think balancing the trade against those things that cost them less than would cost me after the fact is probably what is needed.

pologti18t
25-02-2013, 03:50 PM
6000km is not a demo.. it's a car thats been used by Skoda for either and employee or for magazine/newspaper road tests.

stormshark
25-02-2013, 04:00 PM
I've found a Demo model with 6,000km on it which is now offered at 25000 on the road (they were trying to sell it to me at 28 at the end of December, anyway so the car has been hanging around).

I got offered $27k driveway on a wagon new, if that helps.Extended warranty probably worth $1200-$1500 to you, but dont forget existing warranty probably 6 mths down now as well on that car.

belegur
25-02-2013, 04:39 PM
As far as I'm aware, unless you order something specific in colours and options (which could require a significant wait), you'll be getting a car that was built around April 2012, regardless of being a demo etc...

I just collected my hatch last week and that's when mine was built. Skoda Australia only got 300 RS's for the first delivery, which they're working towards the end of now I guess.

Mine was on the wharf with Patrick's and complianced 02/13. Luckily they had a car there in a colour I was happy with and also with the contrasting roof and MDI options. I negotiated $26.5K, which is pretty good for a non-demo car in NSW considering the metallic paint, contrasting roof, and MDI. This was over the course of more than a month though, and I originally had a generous trade offer from them too for my WRX which I ended up selling 3 days before collection of the RS.

I provided the dealer with my own green slip, but through an error they registered the car with their own... hence I got another $400 back when I refunded the one that couldn't be used any more. That just ended up being fortunate for me (total paid $26,100), and was the only 'problem' at any stage of my transaction with the dealer. Anyone in the Newcastle, Hunter, or Central Coast area should find Mitchell and the team at Newcastle Skoda very helpful, without ever being pushy or aggressive. Maybe I'll see them again if they bring out a Rapid RS.

Lucas_R
25-02-2013, 05:06 PM
Anyone in the Newcastle, Hunter, or Central Coast area should find Mitchell and the team at Newcastle Skoda very helpful, without ever being pushy or aggressive. Maybe I'll see them again if they bring out a Rapid RS.

Haha thats my brother. He is great. Glad to hear you had a nice experience buying from him.