PDA

View Full Version : Jetta wipers only work when the car is in motion, washers not working at all

veedubb
15-02-2013, 11:42 PM
My 2007 Jetta TDI few weeks ago wipers stopped working only when the car is stopped, as soon as you take off the wipers start up again, the washer jets are not working at all, somone mentioned that it is possibly a fault in the windscreen rain sensor, the car was involded in a minor accident & was in repair shop only really noticed this after i picked it up from repairs, it may be just coincidence that it played around same time, so im not sure if its related to repair work or just a common fault as a mechanic told me that he had a golf a while ago & it did exactly the same thingif anyone can shed some light on how this can be rectified would be great cheers :cool

Hillbilly
16-02-2013, 08:03 AM
My 2007 Jetta TDI few weeks ago wipers stopped working only when the car is stopped, as soon as you take off the wipers start up again, the washer jets are not working at all, somone mentioned that it is possibly a fault in the windscreen rain sensor, the car was involded in a minor accident & was in repair shop only really noticed this after i picked it up from repairs, it may be just coincidence that it played around same time, so im not sure if its related to repair work or just a common fault as a mechanic told me that he had a golf a while ago & it did exactly the same thingif anyone can shed some light on how this can be rectified would be great cheers :cool:

Did you think to ask him how it got fixed.

Which parts of the car were damaged

Take it back to the panelbeaters and see if they disconnected something

veedubb
16-02-2013, 12:59 PM
Did you think to ask him how it got fixed.

Which parts of the car were damaged

Take it back to the panelbeaters and see if they disconnected something

yes returned to panelbeaters they removed panel near wheel arch checked all connections, everything seemed ok as far as all connections go.

ian
19-02-2013, 01:08 PM
yes returned to panelbeaters they removed panel near wheel arch checked all connections, everything seemed ok as far as all connections go.

I also had my wipers stop after I had an accident , the whole front had to be replaced,and after I got the car back my wipers also didn't work ,I took it to a VW dealer who discovered that the earth was not connected at the bonnet catch, this is to stop accidentally turning on the wipers while the bonnet is open, could be just a bad connection also .