PDA

View Full Version : first drive Fabia Rs

Skodadsg
09-02-2013, 03:41 PM
well i booked a test drive for the Fabia Rs.

all i can say is Wow just Wow. it was everything i expected but more. to the seats to the looks to the space and not to mention that power. Its a massive jump from my suzuki swift lol.

i was able to use the normal drive mode and sports mode. for my self personally i loved the sports mode. I will be trading my car in for a Fabia Rs middle of the year when funds permit.

cant wait till its mine. :)

Lemonskin
09-02-2013, 03:43 PM
And I will be there to welcome you to the Polo GTI / Fabia RS brotherhood.

Skodadsg
09-02-2013, 03:45 PM
thanks Lemonskin. this year is a big year for me but i so cant wait to get into this lil beast pocket rocket... for those who have one i am a massive Music fan what is the stock system like? what needs upgrading speakers headunit ect ect?

Lemonskin
09-02-2013, 03:48 PM
thanks Lemonskin. this year is a big year for me but i so cant wait to get into this lil beast pocket rocket... for those who have one i am a massive Music fan what is the stock system like? what needs upgrading speakers headunit ect ect?

Hmm well I'm not the biggest audio freak, the speakers in the Polo GTI with the RCD510 head unit work fine for me. Must say when I upgraded from the RCD310 to the RCD510 it made a noticeable difference, much better sound. Not sure if the Fabia RS has the same speaker system... But I'm guessing you'll probably want to upgrade.

Tigger
09-02-2013, 03:55 PM

Welcome mate (in advance!)

Yep, the stock system in the Fabis RS is pretty dodgy if you appreciate fine sound systems...
I would allow yourself some extra cash and budget for a full new sound system...

Just my two cents worth.

Enjoy the whole buying / choosing / waiting experience!

Oh and what colour etc are you going for?

Skodadsg
09-02-2013, 04:03 PM
thanks guys,

yeah i have two alpine subs in my custom box i built and two alpine amps so luckly i'll only have to fork out on good good speakers for the new beast.

Colour choice i am leaning towards the Lava Blue or maybe the rallye Green with the black rims. ( or i could just leave it for a surprise for all you guys n i'll post up pics when i get her :) )

as for waiting im not to picky on the wait sometimes when you wait for things its worth the wait. or if im not to picky on colour i could always buy the one on the show room floor lol.

over all i was happy with the car.

also what are the common mods for these little pocket rockets ?

Rubbadub
09-02-2013, 06:54 PM
It will be good to have another member of "the club".:banana:

Tigger
10-02-2013, 06:55 AM
thanks guys,

yeah i have two alpine subs in my custom box i built and two alpine amps so luckly i'll only have to fork out on good good speakers for the new beast.

Colour choice i am leaning towards the Lava Blue or maybe the rallye Green with the black rims. ( or i could just leave it for a surprise for all you guys n i'll post up pics when i get her :) )

as for waiting im not to picky on the wait sometimes when you wait for things its worth the wait. or if im not to picky on colour i could always buy the one on the show room floor lol.

over all i was happy with the car.

As many of you have seen...I love the Ralyee Green colour with a black roof and black wheels!
I reckon it is one of the best colour combos for an awesome car like the RS!

So ...hatch or wagon???

BrashDaniels
10-02-2013, 07:48 PM
You'll love every second. I've had mine three months and I still just go out for an excuse to drive it.

Colour? Race Blue is rare if you can get one. +1 to Rallye Green too.

Difinity
10-02-2013, 08:40 PM
Congrats. My platin grey one is due early March, so I get to enjoy the fun with you.

The Speedfighter
11-02-2013, 07:56 AM
Hey Trav (hehe yes I know him actually haha),

Great choice mate and as I said before congrats.

You'll love the car as a whole package!!!!!

Common mods?? Mate make sure you save up enough so you can order stuff from either SuperSkoda or Milotec ;)

Shame Miss. Gillard get's in the way with her high taxes which means we can't order much overseas :(

pologti18t
11-02-2013, 10:12 AM
H
Shame Miss. Gillard get's in the way with her high taxes which means we can't order much overseas :(

What are you on about? What high taxes?

Twin_Dad
11-02-2013, 10:54 AM
Anything over $1000 and you have to pay GST (and maybe customs duty I'm not sure) on it.

stormshark
11-02-2013, 11:21 AM
It will be good to have another member of "the club".:banana:

I drove a wagon last week and was also superimpressed,tossing up between it and the Octavia vrs but to be honest the Fabia i liked better.. Do any of you fabia rs'ers have any concerns regarding the 132tsi's motor/gearbox matches given the well publisized problems with the 118 motor/gearbox longevity- i do a fair few k's and its a work car?

BrashDaniels
11-02-2013, 01:08 PM
I drove a wagon last week and was also superimpressed,tossing up between it and the Octavia vrs but to be honest the Fabia i liked better.. Do any of you fabia rs'ers have any concerns regarding the 132tsi's motor/gearbox matches given the well publisized problems with the 118 motor/gearbox longevity- i do a fair few k's and its a work car?

My 118 Jetta owning mate loves driving my Fabia. His car has had all the usual problems, mine has had none (so far). He says mine changes faster and more surely. I had driven his Jetta too and I feel general handling and acceleration is smoother in the Fabia.

I do make sure to let the engine and gearbox "stretch their legs" a little each time I drive it rather than just peddling along all the time.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD

SchuMi2
11-02-2013, 06:30 PM
thanks guys,

I would go the ECU tune & DSG tune for the first mods. Then there are plenty of mods after that...swaybars, shocks, springs, intercooler, exhaust etc etc.

SchuMi2
11-02-2013, 06:31 PM
Congrats. My platin grey one is due early March, so I get to enjoy the fun with you.

Cool...have to catch up...I am in Canberra now.

BrashDaniels
11-02-2013, 08:30 PM
Anything over $1000 and you have to pay GST (and maybe customs duty I'm not sure) on it.

You are liable to pay it.
That doesn't mean you will. Only about 5-10 per cent of domestic stuff gets examined and assessed. It's a gamble but there are huge savings to make for the right items.

Example: Cool Box 15litre for Skoda. 276 aud plus GST from a dealer.
Same item from the UK is 97 euros plus postage.

Even tires and wheels from the US can be had for half price if you hunt down the bargains.

Skodadsg
14-02-2013, 08:10 PM
Hi everyone thanks for the reply's and lex thanks mate.

sorry iv not been able to reply i have been in qld for my pops funeral....

but things have gone to a massive change for me now so i'll def be purchasing one of these Fabia Rs in Aug this year or if i have it my own way earlier lol.