PDA

View Full Version : Beetle GSR

jamesatfish
08-02-2013, 10:06 AM
Why oh why don't we get any of the good Beetle models here in Australia?

There's still no word as to when we'll get the 2.0 engine or the cabrio that are all freely available overseas - indeed I'm still yet to see a 1.4 arrive in a dealer showroom.

Now I see the US is getting a Beetle GSR - looks great in my opinion - and I imagine yet another model not coming to Oz... To any dealers that browse VWW - please let me know if this model is coming to Australia as I'll buy one in DSG in a heartbeat.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/02/9rsww8-1.jpg

CHICAGO AUTO SHOW: VW Expands Performance Portfolio With Beetle GSR, R-Line, And New GTIs - AutoSpies Auto News (http://www.autospies.com/news/CHICAGO-AUTO-SHOW-VW-Expands-Performance-Portfolio-With-Beetle-GSR-R-Line-And-New-GTIs-74612/)

The_Hawk
10-07-2013, 01:42 PM
Please let me know if this model is coming to Australia as I'll buy one in DSG in a heartbeat.

You and me both. I love the nee Beetle but also want more power... I also love the yellow and black... so this ticks pretty much all the boxes :D

jamesatfish
10-07-2013, 02:09 PM
You and me both. I love the nee Beetle but also want more power... I also love the yellow and black... so this ticks pretty much all the boxes :D

Doesn't look like it's going to happen sadly - all of the dealers I've spoken to seem to suggest that the Beetle isn't selling all that well in Australia anyway so the chances of them bringing out the better models are pretty much zero.

I even asked about placing a custom 'name your price' order for the 2.0 TFSI model (not necessarily the GSR) but VW wouldn't even consider it.

muli
10-07-2013, 02:55 PM
Gsr, whats it short for?

Cant get a lancer out of my head:D

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk 2

Lupo
10-07-2013, 03:55 PM
Gsr, whats it short for?

GSR = Gelb Schwarzer Renner = Yellow Black Racer

17-07-2013, 09:50 PM
Doesn't look like it's going to happen sadly - all of the dealers I've spoken to seem to suggest that the Beetle isn't selling all that well in Australia anyway so the chances of them bringing out the better models are pretty much zero.

I even asked about placing a custom 'name your price' order for the 2.0 TFSI model (not necessarily the GSR) but VW wouldn't even consider it.

Agree it's sad we rarely see the better models here. The Turbo S was by all accounts a rocket ship that we never got. They won't sell too many with the 1.4 motor, there is just not enough go and not enough in them to justify the price, even though the newer body shape has much more room in it. They look great in the cabrio form too but sadly, VW feels that it will detract from golf cabrio sales so we miss out. I'm a Richmond supporter so I'd be first in line for a GSR with that colour scheme. I love it!

The_Hawk
17-07-2013, 11:21 PM
I can understand the argument to not bring in a model that wont sell volume on the basis that it's then not worth keeping the spare parts... but surely all the bits from this are interchangeable with the standard Beetle and/or the Golf GTI for the running gear??

Why oh why can't they simply be "special order" or something??

CPITUNING
18-07-2013, 08:35 PM
I'll take 2 please.

Seriously that's a good looking car.

- Joe