PDA

View Full Version : Door card clips.. Where to buy cheaply?

pontiff
06-02-2013, 08:41 PM
Hey all,

Okay.. so everyone who has removed a 6n doorcard knows what I am on about.. The part number is 6N0868243A... Has anyone managed to procure them cheaply?

I dare not ask VW for a price for fear of falling over, you just know they are not going to be cheap. If you had to only buy 1 it would not be so bad, but they're all a bit ratty so i would rather just replace them all if i had the chance.

There is a parts car in the back yard I could grab some from but I thought "hell, ebay will no doubt have a set of 10 for like $10 delivered or something" well how wrong was I, only a few obscure websites listed them but ordering was nigh on impossible.

Below is what they look like (sort of, its not the most accurate pic as its a hand pries 'alternative')
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/02/1066db321ab014befc1053f21f60e18a-1.jpg

anyone?

VW VR6
06-02-2013, 10:52 PM
Did you check e-bay? Should be some.

pontiff
07-02-2013, 05:45 AM
Did you check e-bay? Should be some.

First place I looked :( there are some yellow ones from Germany, but are not the same by the look of them

pontiff
27-02-2013, 02:29 PM
First place I looked :( there are some yellow ones from Germany, but are not the same by the look of them

... which just came and they are not the right ones, clip into the door just fine but their head is too small so the black part just slips off them.

Got another line on them from the UK, will report back when i know something useful