PDA

View Full Version : Passat R36, (new Coupe), Tiguan & Touareg R50 - Scoop Oz Details

blur32
04-09-2007, 06:24 PM
Apologies if this is the second time I have posted this, but put up a post earlier today and cannot find it!!!

Had a little look at the VAG Oz Dealer Principle CD thay send out to their dealers today. Had confirm of Aust details on the Touareg R50, new Tiguan (no pricing, but spec), the R36 & new Coupe!!!

New Coupe:

* Confirmed Aust launch August '08 (before the R36)
* Same running gear as R36, 220Kw 3.6lt.........yummmmmm. No tourque figures quoted tho (?)
* $64990 list....same as new R36 Sedan
* Similar spec to R36, which is similar to current V6 with obvious differentials like seating, body kit, suspension, etc
* Will have new multimedia interface with touchscreen interface and dedicated iPod support (the 1st Apple/VW synergy???)
* Concept pic looked hot, no actual vehicle images. Will try to get and post

R36:

* Confirmed Aust launch Sept '08...3 weeks after Coupe. Will not be at Syud motor show but will possibly be at the Melb one
* Running gear as above
* $64990 for the Sedan, $66990 for the Wagen
* Spec as above but without the new multimedia touchscreen
* Grill will be silver and not the rumoured black

More info as it comes to hand

slitko
04-09-2007, 06:31 PM
So will the Coupe be at the Sydney Motor show since the R36 will not be there?

Does the Coupe actually look like the Merc coupe series?

phaeton
04-09-2007, 10:35 PM
So has R36 been delayed (1 year) :( ? (does not make sense IMO)

Interesting info on Coupe ;)

Any more info on R50 and Tiguan ?

Info seems a touch on the dodgey side whats with
Grill will be silver and not the rumoured black we already know that ;)

How old is the CD ?

blur32
11-09-2007, 04:57 PM
I've already pm'd Ben with the answer to the grill....they were considering a matte black for the US market to leverage of the GTI success there. Have decided against it. There were spy shots up at one stage showing a white or silver car with matte black rims and grill.....wish they did it!

Passat Coupe concept pic attached: apologies for the low res

balkanac
13-09-2007, 12:16 PM
New Coupe:

* Confirmed Aust launch August '08 (before the R36)
* Same running gear as R36, 220Kw 3.6lt.........yummmmmm. No tourque figures quoted tho (?)
* $64990 list....same as new R36 Sedan
* Similar spec to R36, which is similar to current V6 with obvious differentials like seating, body kit, suspension, etc
* Will have new multimedia interface with touchscreen interface and dedicated iPod support (the 1st Apple/VW synergy???)
* Concept pic looked hot, no actual vehicle images. Will try to get and post

Could this be the Corrado comeback??

Ssom
13-09-2007, 08:13 PM
Hrm, hopefully the same doesn't go for NZ (We usually get most VAG product 6 months or so ahead of Oz I spose), cause if it does, then my old man'll have to remove himself off the list of R36 buyers :???: The Touareg R50 is another one that's supposed to be here at the end of the year