PDA

View Full Version : Insurance figures on your CC

hadrami
22-01-2013, 08:31 AM
Can I get some figures on what you are paying for your insurance and which company you're with?

I asked for a quote from the dealer and the finance lady strangely recommended AAMI or RACV and said they will be cheaper than VW.

AdamD
23-01-2013, 08:08 AM
Insurance premiums are dramatically affected by factors other than the make and model of car, so asking people to post premiums isn't going to be remotely indicative of a price you could achieve. If you're price-conscious, your best bet will simply to do a big ring-around.

VW insurance is just an underwritten product (Allianz I believe) with some margin for VW on top - it's often more expensive. I would strongly advise you to steer clear of AAMI, as they don't offer choice of repairer, and there are many horror stories out there.

Have a read of the corresponding thread in the Golf 6 section if you're looking for opinions on insurance companies: Which Insurance company are you with? (http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/forums/f112/insurance-company-you-43286.html)

Hillbilly
23-01-2013, 08:25 AM
Post code and crime rates are the main factors that influence premiums

I stored my caravan in a different post code and the premium changed because of that.

Darks RS
25-01-2013, 11:57 AM
What others have said.
Youi are my other insurer and they're not bad or my favourite is Shannon's.

Hillbilly
25-01-2013, 12:04 PM
What others have said.
Youi are my other insurer and they're not bad or my favourite is Shannon's.

Youi wouldnt touch my Passat said it was worth too much Like wise Boojay Direct. Am with NRMA and much cheaper than anyone else

drad81
25-01-2013, 01:55 PM
I'm with AAMI and I've had my other car repaired twice before by my preferred repairer. No real issues there. I'm happy with them and they're pricing has been extremely competitive. currently paying $1200pa for the Alltrack with an agreed value of $58k

Darks RS
25-01-2013, 07:18 PM
Really???
Youi begged for my car. In the end stuck with qbe as they're done through my lease.

Youi wouldnt touch my Passat said it was worth too much Like wise Boojay Direct. Am with NRMA and much cheaper than anyone else

GippsCC
31-01-2013, 05:01 PM
Choice recommends AAMI and RACV for top cover in Vic, but gives Shannons high marks for customer satisfaction. I have AAMI, and I'm happy.

fillmore
31-01-2013, 09:04 PM
If you are fortunate enough to have reached 50 and if you or your partner doesn't work FULL time,then consider Apia. Get a quote online to save 5% and choose your own agreed value within a range. Also new for old replacement on cars up to 10 years old for theft. Saved me a substantial amount over one of the above mentioned companies for an increased agreed value. Don't know what they are like come time to make a claim and don't want to know.

Hillbilly
31-01-2013, 09:52 PM
If you are fortunate enough to have reached 50 and if you or your partner doesn't work FULL time,then consider Apia. Get a quote online to save 5% and choose your own agreed value within a range. Also new for old replacement on cars up to 10 years old for theft. Saved me a substantial amount over one of the above mentioned companies for an increased agreed value. Don't know what they are like come time to make a claim and don't want to know.

I have my house with them but they were far too dear for the cars. NRMA was about 2/3 of Apias price

hadrami
05-02-2013, 08:23 AM
Ended up going with youi, at ~$103 a month with $600 excess and first 2 years new car replacement with owner preferred repairer, which I thought was a pretty good deal compared to some of the others.

On a side note, their house insurance was dearer than CommInsure.

Daniel Ringrose
24-01-2014, 05:28 PM
I just purchased a 2009 Passat CC v6 and insured it today. I'm in 35yo in Sydney Eastern Suburbs and have a full no claim bonus, and chose c. $800 excess. Here's the comparison of quotes I found:

Coles - $1200
Woolies - $1380
Bingle - $1060
Progressive - $1140
AAMI - $1150
GE - $1310
Budget Direct - $920
Allianz - $1360
NRMA - $1045
Shannons - $2600 (wouldn't honour NCD without current insurance)
Youi - $2600 (wouldn't honour NCD without current insurance)

I took NRMA as they have a strong reputation, and gave me a market value of $35,700.

Hope this is helpful